396xt group ids not showing

Status
Not open for further replies.

garai

Have programmed a P25 system with multiple sites. In that system I have multiple groups. When I add group quick key #s to each group, they show up on the display when scanning some sites as an asterisk, not a number. On some sites they don't show up at all (only a dash). In the program menu they are there, but I don;t know what I did wrong. Any help or advice? Thanks!

spooney

An asterisk indicates you have the group disabled. When in scanning mode press function knob then 1 for QK 1 and so on for each QK. A dash means no QK is assigned to that number yet.

garai

Actually, it looks like if I have a lot of sites programmed in, or a lot of groups, the scanner will not properly program the group quickkeys. If I reduce the number of sites on the system, or the number of groups, it works fine with group quickkeys. Does this sound right? Shouldn't it work up to the capacity of the system regardless of number of sites or groups?

spooney

Memory Architecture
Absolute Limits:
Systems 500
Sites Total 1,000
Sites/System 256
Channel Groups per System 20
Channels+System Frequencies 25,000
Channels per conventional
system
Channels per trunked system 500
Trunk Frequencies per Site 500-1000 (depending on total
TGIDs stored in the system)
Notes about limits:
 The actual results will be limited by the first absolute limit you hit. For example, if you
have created 1000 sites, you will not be able to create a new system even though you have
created fewer than 500 systems.
 You can check the % of memory used by using the menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.