396xt latest firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAscannernut

I have not updated my firmware in about a year for my 396xt. None of the links that I have tried through the wiki or posts work. Am I missing something? I even tried uniden's website with no luck? Thanks for the help.

MarkWestin

Uniden is moving some of their facilities to a new location. As a result, their Web Site (among other things) was supposed to be down for about an hour, but we all know how that goes. I will confirm that the Uniden BC_VUP3 updater program is not working at the moment due to no place to connect to. What version of Firmware does your radio have? The current version is 1.11.01, but more than a few felt that the previous version 1.10.00 works better for them. Generally it would seem that you had bad timing by trying to update your scanner this weekend. There is a thread (the second Sticky on this page with the details from UPMan.)

Mark

PAscannernut

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the reply. The firmware version that I currently have is 1.10.00. Would you recommend keeping that version or updating to the latest when that is available? Thanks again, Chad

MarkWestin

It didn't really make much difference at my location, however, the State of Maine MSCOMMNET system is still under test and really isn't in use yet. There seem to be several threads comparing the latest two versions. I guess it depends which system(s) you are listening to.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.