396XT not detected by ARC XT-Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heidi750

Premium Subscriber
996XT USB Driver

Thanks for the file ...
However after D/L the file, Running the file ...
It said it was not able to work.

Then I went to Windows Compatable Center ...
And it would not recognize the unit.

Not sure why???

Heidi750

Premium Subscriber
I would like to take a second and say ThankYou to all the people who passed on suggestions as to why the USB-to-Serial Cable would not work with my 996XT

After talking with a Tech friend in Edmonton, he mentioned trying a different external device.
As I was looking for something to plug in ... I came across a double female cable that I was able to Plug into the Rear Port of the 996XT.
I then connected it to the Prolific USB cable and was able to get a connection.
So it wasn't the software or the USB drivers ... but a BAD port on the front of my Uniden 996XT.

Thanks again.

RonnieUSA

I would like to take a second and say ThankYou to all the people who passed on suggestions as to why the USB-to-Serial Cable would not work with my 996XT

After talking with a Tech friend in Edmonton, he mentioned trying a different external device.
As I was looking for something to plug in ... I came across a double female cable that I was able to Plug into the Rear Port of the 996XT.
I then connected it to the Prolific USB cable and was able to get a connection.
So it wasn't the software or the USB drivers ... but a BAD port on the front of my Uniden 996XT.

Thanks again.
I'm not sure about Unidens, but GRE/RadioShack has only 1 jack that you can use for programing, it's called a PC/IF jack.
Glad it's working though.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The scanner itself is RS232 serial and requires no drivers. If you are using a USB to RS232 adapter, then that device has drivers, and the correct drivers for Windows 8 will depend on the specific adapter you have.

jwlehman

Premium Subscriber
I'm running ARC-XT Pro with Windows 8, and initially had problems getting Windows 8 to recognize the connection. I did some research and found that the USB/Com ports were interfering with each other. I downloaded a utility call USBDeview and used it to shutdown the com ports and the connection issue was resolved immediately. It's a great way to see how your com ports are being used.

Attachments

• USBDeview-Image.jpg
    USBDeview-Image.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 308

bama9999

I'm experiencing the same issue as the OP. I thought I'd give ARCXT a try with my BCT15X, but it will not recognize the scanner. Also, like the OP mentioned, when trying virtual control, it says it's waiting but won't connect, but it will still control the scanner. I've checked my drivers and they are the most current available. I'm using a Manhattan usb to serial converter, which uses the Prolific chip.

ARCXT is the only program that doesn't recognize the scanner. I've tried Freescan, Proscan, bcTool and bcprogtool and they all will connect and recognize the scanner without any problem.

It's no big deal that I can't get it to work, as the other programs will do anything I want with the BCT15X, but I just wanted to give the ARC program a try.

itopia

Premium Subscriber
ARC XT "PRO" is crap. I am having no issues with FREESCAN. I tried all these workarounds and nothing works on 15x on ARC XT PRO. There is nothing wrong with the cable as my 396 works with ARC XT "PRO". I would gladly pay $60 to Freescan if I had known ARC XT "PRO" is way buggier.

Status
Not open for further replies.