396XT priority/quick site issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDD326

Premium Subscriber
Gday!

I have just got my 396XT and im pretty impressed!

Though i can not for the life of me figure out how to set priority channels and sites.

I HAVE read the manual as well as the "easy manual", still keep getting the error no priority channels.

If some one has the time to chat about this please msg me via msn java.joe.pm@hotmail.com

Thanks again for your time!

scanrfan

396XT Issues

Check the display. If there is no "PRI" in the upper portion of the display (in the center of the display) then the Priority is not active. If there is a "PRI" present, but blinking, the scanner will not acknowledge the presence of Priority channels. Press and hold the "Function" button and the press the " . (period or decimal point) until the display shows the "PRI" and it is not blinking.

TDD326

Premium Subscriber
Check the display. If there is no "PRI" in the upper portion of the display (in the center of the display) then the Priority is not active. If there is a "PRI" present, but blinking, the scanner will not acknowledge the presence of Priority channels. Press and hold the "Function" button and the press the " . (period or decimal point) until the display shows the "PRI" and it is not blinking.

Cheers,

Thats what i was doing then i get the error that there are no PRI channels even after checking the boxes for them in the set up.

What else am i doing wrong?

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
If your trying to set up priority channels in a trunking "SYSTEM" by hand you need to go to the "SYSTEM" in question, go into the "MENU" options and turn "ON" "Pri", then go and turn "ON" "Pri" on any TG's and it will work....

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
If your trying to set up priority channels in a trunking "SYSTEM" by hand you need to go to the "SYSTEM" in question, go into the "MENU" options and turn "ON" "Pri", then go and turn "ON" "Pri" on any TG's and it will work....

Ron has it correct. :)

From a long ago post of mine found in a forum search:

The info below describes how to understand the differences between Conventional Priority
and Trunked Priority ID Scanning. If you are seeing the "Priority Scan, No Channel" message that
has to deal with conventional priority ONLY and not trunked priority ID scan. It means that you are trying to activate conventional priority on a system that has no conventional frequencies assigned as priority. It has nothing to do with Trunked Priority ID Scanning.

If you are seeing the "Priority Scan no Channel" message that means that you have tried to use the Conventional Priority Feature instead of the Trunked Priority ID Scan Feature. It is easy to get the 2 confused but if you do the following Priority ID will be turned on:
1)Navigate to the system
2) Select "Edit Sys Option"
3) Select "Priority ID Scan"
4) Select "On".
5) Navigate to Talkgroup you want set as Priority.
6) Select "Set Priority" to "On".

This should get you squared away.
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

BillC

Premium Subscriber
Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I am still getting the ""Priority Scan no Channel" message even though i have enabled the priority in two different places (system as well as TG) using both Freescan as well as the KB

HELP!!

Thanks
Bill

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Please reread my post from above..it describes the exact message your are getting and how to fix it:
http://forums.radioreference.com/1640380-post5.html

The info below describes how to understand the differences between Conventional Priority
and Trunked Priority ID Scanning. If you are seeing the "Priority Scan, No Channel" message that
has to deal with conventional priority ONLY and not trunked priority ID scan. It means that you are trying to activate conventional priority on a system that has no conventional frequencies assigned as priority. It has nothing to do with Trunked Priority ID Scanning.

If you are seeing the "Priority Scan no Channel" message that means that you have tried to use the Conventional Priority Feature instead of the Trunked Priority ID Scan Feature. It is easy to get the 2 confused but if you do the following Priority ID will be turned on:
1)Navigate to the system
2) Select "Edit Sys Option"
3) Select "Priority ID Scan"
4) Select "On".
5) Navigate to Talkgroup you want set as Priority.
6) Select "Set Priority" to "On".

This should get you squared away.
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I am still getting the ""Priority Scan no Channel" message even though i have enabled the priority in two different places (system as well as TG) using both Freescan as well as the KB

HELP!!

Thanks
Bill

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
How many conventional channels do you have set as priority in enabled systems?

BillC

Premium Subscriber
Priority TG's

How many conventional channels do you have set as priority in enabled systems?

None as far as I know. I only have about a dozen TG's set to priority. I only have trunked systems defined at the moment. I think the number is set to the default of 100.

thanks

Bill

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
The PRI button * ONLY * works if you have any analog (conventional as its referred to) set as a priority.
- Wishes that would get fixed in a firmware update so..... anyways,

To enable the priority function to work on a trunked system you must set it within the settings of each trunked system you have as shown in the above instructions,

If you don't have any analog - conventional frequencies set for priority, you will get that area you mention. If you have no desire to set any analog frequencies for priority, that PRI button is useless for you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.