• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

396XT vs. Wendy's(part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Some of you may remember my last post similar to this.

I went to wendys earlier(same one as last time), and got my food, I was with my mom and sister.

I asked for fresh fries, I paid, got my food and pulled around to the front to eat, my mom said the fries were COLD. OMG! So, I tune into their headset/intercom system, and send my sister in to get fresh fries.

While she's walking out, the manager is talking to an employee over the headsets saying: "those people that asked for fresh fries came in complaining they were cold, werent they in here before about tthe same thing a couple days ago?"

Person 2 says "yea, and those fries were warm, they came out like 3 minutes ago."

MGR. says "well, those jackasses complain everytime they are here(this is the 3rd time in 4 months and like the 58th time we've been there), just can't make some people happy."

So, I drive up to the window, ask for the manager and tell him that their headsets run on 457.xxx Mhz, and tell him they should be more careful about what they say over the headsets.

He just stands there like a deer in the headlights, playing dumb he asks "what do you mean?", I point at the scanner, he says "oh, those things..."

I said "yep, these things" and drove away....

Lawl....

FLRAILMAN

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
396XT vs. Wendy's (Part 2)

Loved to have been a fly on the wall when that went down.

FLRAILMAN

CapStar362

Lmao!!! Classic!

and yes i remember the original topic, cuz i told my pro 83 story

hopefully there is a part 3 and so on!

Last edited:

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (MOT-QA30/00.72 UP.Browser/7.2.7.5.610 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

CapStar362 said:
Lmao!!! Classic!

and yes i remember the original topic, cuz i told my pro 83 story

hopefully there is a part 3 and so on!
Haha, I remember your story, my family laughed over that one.

And I wouldn't be surprised if there are more parts, these people at this wendy's don't seem to learn. Although it provides me with entertainment, so oh well.

And to FRAILMAN, I agree, bad day to be a fly. lol

Last edited:

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (MOT-QA30/00.72 UP.Browser/7.2.7.5.610 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Uhm, i think it depends on the intercom system they use. But every one i have ever picked up runs somewhere around 457.xxxx give or take a few mhz. Since they are constantly transmitting systems, you should be able to scan that range and find them fairly easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.