Amherst PD (Erie County) - P25?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Received a submission stating that Amherst PD has switched over to P25 on 424.300 with a NAC of 29A. Any confirmation from locals if this is currently active? Also going to need to determine if there is any analog activity remaining on that frequency so we can deal with those listings.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Thanks for the reports, I'll take care of it later.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Yep, the tech person just did another test on the frequency and I don't know when the police will be allowed onto the frequency.
I am going to stop listening into the frequency I have other things I want to listen too. glad to help.
Steve

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Being reported that PD has moved over to P25 and the analog repeater is off the air. Confirmation?

ak716

Premium Subscriber
Confirmed.

They were running mixed mode the night this got posted, not sure if on purpose or accidental, but a few cars and dispatch kept bouncing back and forth. Tonight, everything is P25

Last edited:

wqhz937

Premium Subscriber
Any word if Amherst Fire will be moving to P25 in the near future?

ak716

Premium Subscriber
Any word if Amherst Fire will be moving to P25 in the near future?
Any time soon? In my opinion....no. There are NO fire dispatches in Erie County that are P25. None. Not one. The general consensus around here for fire is analog. First, It would create a potential interop issue with some departments unless that got a different frequency and patched them together. There are a departments in that towns and in the surrounding towns running XPR's and NXDN capable Kenwoods. Again, just my opinion, not factual.

My thoughts on any fire departments switching to P25 would be either a, a basically self sustaining fire department (i.e. City of Buffalo), seeing how they have nothing but P25 capable equipment (XTS's and APX), or b, which is not gonna happen any time soon, a Countywide TRS (all though I only dream that it would! At this point, I wouldn't even care about what "flavor" of TRS they'd get, just get one!)

n4njj

Sin City Repeater Network
It's interesting to see that APD has gone P25. Anyone know what kind of radios APD is rolling with?

ak716

Premium Subscriber
I heard APX 4000, just like what Cheektowaga was just issued, however, looking at their facebook page, an officer had an APX6000, so APX6k id say

Last edited:

LordDeagle

Premium Subscriber
Anyone hearing anything on Amherst PD since the switch to P25? I'm new to the hobby and I am not sure if I need to do anything special to my Bearcat SDS200. Buffalo PD shows up as P25 on the screen, but I'm getting nothing at all on Amherst 424.300.

k2hz

Database Admin
Anyone hearing anything on Amherst PD since the switch to P25? I'm new to the hobby and I am not sure if I need to do anything special to my Bearcat SDS200. Buffalo PD shows up as P25 on the screen, but I'm getting nothing at all on Amherst 424.300.
Have you programmed 424.300 for P25 29A NAC or is it still programmed for NFM with PL?

LordDeagle

Premium Subscriber
Have you programmed 424.300 for P25 29A NAC or is it still programmed for NFM with PL?
Funny, I had just found the menu section to change it from analog to digital when you posted. Once I put in the 29A for the NAC I started getting dispatch again. Too bad they went digital, it has that pixelated sound now, but I guess its better than nothing. Thanks for the nudge in the right direction. The SDS200 is not the most intuitive piece of equipment I've ever owned, but I am a lot more familiar with it now than I was when I woke up this morning.

k2hz

Database Admin
why can I only hear the Amherst pd cars but not dispatch? I have my radio set for NAC 29A at 424.300 mhz.
It sounds like your are listening to the 429.300 repeater input. Are you sure your scanner is programmed for 424.300? If you are using a ham transceiver, they usually have a function to reverse the TX/RX frequencies to check the repeater input. This may have been activated if that is what you have.

n4njj

Sin City Repeater Network
I heard APX 4000, just like what Cheektowaga was just issued, however, looking at their facebook page, an officer had an APX6000, so APX6k id say
I volunteered for the Ride for Roswell a few years back. The cop I shared the station with said my APX-7000 was better than his radio. Looked like he had an XTS-5000 then. I wondered if they stuck with that or went APX or some other direction like the Kenwood NX-5300s.

Status
Not open for further replies.