Needing Help Across Country Updating Federal Prisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I've recently went through the Federal Bureau of Prisons Wiki page and updated the links and added new prisons and system links that weren't in there before.

In the course of doing this, I noticed many of the database entries haven't been updated in 5-10 years. Recently, a number of Federal Prisons have switched from the Motorola TRS to a P25 system, though it appears they've remained in the 400mhz band. Control channels are usually between 406 and 410mhz.

It would be great if (especially during this time so many are staying home) you would look at the wiki page, and if there is a federal prison near you, give it a listen and see if you can either verify the information in the database is correct or find the new P25 system and submit it to the database. Currently there is about 20 prisons we have no information on, and another 60 we would like to verify if they are still using the Motorola system or have switched to P25.

Your help will be greatly appreciated and if you don't want to submit or post any info feel free to PM me. Thanks!

storm777

Premium Subscriber
@N1GAW , WA checking in. I can verify that the database listing for "SeaTac Federal Detention Center TRS" is up to date. I was monitoring it for a little while yesterday.

Thanks for you work on this!

-John

nd5y

I was wrong about what I posted in the other thread.
It was FCI Forth Worth that went P25 a while back.
FMC Carswell is still Type II.
I was able to run Unitrunker on both yesterday during a band opening.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the responses @nd5y and @storm777 appreciate the input.

Just so everyone knows, I submitted and updated FCC Petersburg VA recently (P25) and FCC Butner is still Type II I monitored them this week.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Confirmed Bennettsville SC today, updating the TGIDs there. Interesting thing though, most of the transmissions, but not all, are private calls rather than group call, so you see the radio number as the TGID.

Thank you @krokus, that'd be Milan

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
All South Carolina Prisons are verified, getting ready to submit two new systems (Estill and Edgefield). If anyone is online tonight that can help me figure out a band plan please DM me. Thanks

Berlin NH is accurate as of July 2019
Not an area to be sitting around searching for TG's tho

Thanks @ecps92 and I understand

I just made a submission for Springfield Mo Fed/Med

Appreciate that @wbloss

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
I have been attempting to hear the prison in Big Spring, Texas, the one that hosted Tommy Chong. I stopped hearing them a long time ago. In my opinion, they have encrypted the system. Since my PSR 500 is broken and I don't know how to use Unitrunker yet, I will put this on my "to do" list.

reconrider8

I have been attempting to hear the prison in Big Spring, Texas, the one that hosted Tommy Chong. I stopped hearing them a long time ago. In my opinion, they have encrypted the system. Since my PSR 500 is broken and I don't know how to use Unitrunker yet, I will put this on my "to do" list.
If you need help with unitrunker and an sdr I'll help ya it's super simple

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Thank you. Someone already showed me some of this, but I will surely take your offer if I run into trouble. Come to think of it, this is a perfect time to set out on that journey since we are on at residence here in Waco.

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
Federal Detention Center Miami
Still Motorola type II. New System ID is E723. No new talkgroup info. All talkgroups are digital.

Federal Correctional Institution Miami
Still Motorola type II. New System ID is E723 (same as FDC Miami). New talkgroup info. All talkgroups are digital.
32 - Channel 1 unit to unit (inside)
48 - Inside Ops
80 - Outside Ops
192 - Perimeter
144 - Channel 8 unit to unit (psbly outside?)

All info submitted to RRDB.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Federal Detention Center Miami
Still Motorola type II. New System ID is E723. No new talkgroup info.

Federal Correctional Institution Miami
Still Motorola type II. New System ID is E723 (same as FDC Miami). New talkgroup info.
32 - Channel 1 unit to unit (inside)
48 - Inside Ops
80 - Outside Ops
192 - Perimeter
144 - Channel 8 unit to unit (psbly outside?)

All info submitted to RRDB.

THANK YOU!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.