FWRRS Midlothian site expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

nd5y

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Do you suppose this will be an Ellis County layer?
l
Per Agenda item 2020-130, Midlothian is executing an interocal agreement for both Waxahachie & Ellis County to expand and join their existing system. Waxahachie, apparently, is adding a site of their own, and Ellis County is adding two sites, making it a 5-site system.

Link to the 04/28/2020

More details are in the 04/28/2020 Agenda Packet

There are other references that can be found by searching the various items on Midlothian's archive page.

Midlothian's Agenda packet from September 24, 2019, covers the agreement for Waxahachie to join the system, adding a third site, with Waxahachie also funding the conversion to a P25 Phase II system (currently, the Ells County layer is operated as Phase I).
Agenda item is 2019-352
Agenda packet with details

Waxahachie approved joining last September

nd5y

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Yes. Returned means the FCC rejected it for omissions or errors or attempting something that is not allowed.
There should be a "return letter" attached to it but I don't see one. That might take a couple business days to show up.
I wonder if, perhaps, part of the reason is a defective description for the proposed location 2. It's on the application as 4 miles east of Ennis on Hwy 84, along with latitude & longitude.

There is no Hwy 84 near Ennis. There is FM 85, running eastward from Ennis, and the lat/long coordinates lead to a tower site off that road, but it's Hwy 85, not Hwy 84.

The description for Location 1 is accurate.

nd5y

They fixed it already:

Your application is being returned for the following reason:

Please provide an updated RPC letter from Region 40 that contains the date of RPC approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.