Interesting traffic on STARS this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

NS9710

I'm hearing "Parks One" talking to someone on the VDOT Ops 5 [TGRP 5039], is this normal? I'm up in Petersburg, VA and it's someone affiliated with said talkgroup up this way, so I was wondering if there was someone on the wrong TGRP or what was going on. TIA

richardbritt

Database Admin
You are probably hearing a motor assist unit just going by the "parks 1" and the fact that they use STARS. Just a hunch from listening to the motor assist folks in Tidewater.

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Those are Units destinations for the SSP Safety Service Patrol, they go by the area they patrol Parks 1 does 264 from Military hwy to Parks Ave. the shifts are designated By 1,2,or 3 morning, evening and night 5039 is the Smart Traffic Center in Va Beach normal operations

NS9710

Thank you, I just don't normally get their traffic up my way so I was curious what was with "Parks 1", up my way in Richmond area, it's like 295, Chesterfield, 64, Petersburg, Hanover, etc. So that's why I was thrown off.

Those are Units destinations for the SSP Safety Service Patrol, they go by the area they patrol Parks 1 does 264 from Military hwy to Parks Ave. the shifts are designated By 1,2,or 3 morning, evening and night 5039 is the Smart Traffic Center in Va Beach normal operations

kc4jgc

I hear the Tidewater SSP when I'm in the Richmond area all the time along with the Richmond area units. Also, from Richmond I can hear VSP divisions in Richmond, Chesapeake, Appomattox and Culpeper. It is interesting the Tidewater SSP can be heard on the Richmond repeaters though.

fredva

Feed Provider
The way I interpret the conversation, OPS5 is a Hampton Roads area talkgroup that happened to be affiliated to a Petersburg area site, so it was heard in Petersburg.

Status
Not open for further replies.