Allen Co Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACEMA024

Looking for the Talk Group Numbers for Allen Co Fire ops 11-15 these are open channels and not encrypted....

west-pac

Looking for the Talk Group Numbers for Allen Co Fire ops 11-15 these are open channels and not encrypted....

Who did you hear go to Ops 11?..Poe FD? If you count the 5-digit TG numbers, the TG label Poe FD would be Ops 11, and shows DE.

ACEMA024

There is a scanner feed for Allen Co. you can hear OPS 11 Was listening today to the large fire in New Haven..

west-pac

There is a scanner feed for Allen Co. you can hear OPS 11 Was listening today to the large fire in New Haven..

It may also be a VHF channel. I've heard them say go to Ops 11 for many years. I'm not sure how many of AC-FD volunteers have 800Mhz portable radios, so I can't really say whether it's an 800 TG, or VHF channel, but both are a possibility. Did the audio sound like an analog channel, or a digital TG?

fire622

Ops 11-14 are digital 800 talk groups that are unencrypted and Ops-15 & 16 are encrypted. I don’t have any other info other than that.

radio9140

These are the respective TGIDs:
Ops 11- 2011 (Listed as Ops 1)
Ops 12- 2013 (Listed as Ops 2)
Ops 13- 2015 (Listed as Ops 3)

For the most part, the county fire departments pretty much use Ops 11 all the time when multiple departments respond to an event. These are on the Allen Co. P25 800 system.

west-pac

How much of Allen county FD's radio traffic is on 154.010? I hear a ton of traffic on 155.9625Mhz PL 203.5, which appears to be the same as 154.010Mhz. 155.9625 is licensed to one of the FDs in the northern part of the county. Originally I thought maybe this was a secondary Disp channel, or repeater, for the northern part of the county, but yesterday I heard NHATFD get toned on 155.9625. So, from what I can tell, 155.9625 appears to be a simulcast of 154.010, but I haven't listened to both frequencies at the same time to if either has more radio traffic than the other.

radio9140

All of Allen Co. fire dispatch is broadcasted on VHF 154.010 as well as a simulcast TG on Allen Co. P25. I believe the VHF part was kept for paging purposes since the Motorola Minitors are still widely used. As far as the other frequency you mentioned, i'll give it a listen and see what it is.

fire622

The VHF frequency listed is a repeater input for the legacy system that is simulcasted. 154.010 is the output for all repeaters with differing pl tones. All working incidents are placed to an ops channel per dispatch.

west-pac

These are the respective TGIDs:
Ops 11- 2011 (Listed as Ops 1)
Ops 12- 2013 (Listed as Ops 2)
Ops 13- 2015 (Listed as Ops 3)

For the most part, the county fire departments pretty much use Ops 11 all the time when multiple departments respond to an event. These are on the Allen Co. P25 800 system.

I agree with this. I just heard and watched this on DSD+ for a fire call near Huntertown. After Disp moved traffic to Ops11, when Disp would transmit, they would transmit on TG2041 (county fire Disp) and TG2011 (listed as Ops1). These 2 TGs were patched on the Disp end via RID 212998. During this same time Disp RID 212999 patched TG2041 (county fire Disp) with TG1901 (FWFD Disp). So, essentially Disp was transmitting on 3 TGs at the same time. After the scene was deemed stable Disp announced Ops 11 was deactivated, and all units needed to use Huntertown TAC, and RID 212998 deregister/disconnected from the radio system.

fire622

That’s interesting find. Allen County never links a dispatch channel to a ops channel so I’m not sure what you’re seeing however I was listening to the run in question on my APX and the dispatch channels weren’t patched nor was the ops channel so I’m not sure what’s going on. The only time channels are patched are FWPD channels with ACPD prior to moving to a tac channel but for fire the dispatch channels are never patched together nor to a ops channel as this would create massive issue with station alerting. I will say the talk groups were shuffled around quite a bit a few years ago. Due to the mixed encryption on the system a large scale edit will be most likely impossible.

usswood

from what I have read and followed, DSD+ is very buggy and misreads data depending on conditions... best decoding program IMHO for P25 systems to see all patches and such is Pro96Com

west-pac

That’s interesting find. Allen County never links a dispatch channel to a ops channel so I’m not sure what you’re seeing however I was listening to the run in question on my APX and the dispatch channels weren’t patched nor was the ops channel so I’m not sure what’s going on. The only time channels are patched are FWPD channels with ACPD prior to moving to a tac channel but for fire the dispatch channels are never patched together nor to a ops channel as this would create massive issue with station alerting. I will say the talk groups were shuffled around quite a bit a few years ago. Due to the mixed encryption on the system a large scale edit will be most likely impossible.

Patched was probably the wrong word, eventhough DSD+ said "super patch" and had a "(P)" on the 2nd talkgroups listed on the log every time Disp keyed the mic. Dispatch was simulcasting on 3 TGs when they transmitted. Transmitting on 2041 for county FD units en route, transmitting on 2011 for FD units on scene, and transmitting on FWFD Disp, because I presume FWFD was dispatched on that call also.

Linking an Ops channel to the Disp channel would be pointless, even more pointless to add yet a 3rd (FWFD Disp) channel. I'm not even sure why Dispatch would simulcast one-sided on all 3 TGs, as the units on only 1 of the 3 TGs would hear the entire conversation.

Next time units go to Ops11, try monitoring Ops11 on the APX, and AC Fire Disp on a different scanner/radio/pager and see if the dispatch transmissions are the same on both channels at the same time.

fire622

Listened to a multi agency call and no patching was done at all. I wonder if the talk groups have changed that the current list is outdated. The only ‘patch’ I know of is between vhf county fire and 800 county fire. Ops-11 did not have any comms with the dispatch talk group.

west-pac

Listened to a multi agency call and no patching was done at all. I wonder if the talk groups have changed that the current list is outdated. The only ‘patch’ I know of is between vhf county fire and 800 county fire. Ops-11 did not have any comms with the dispatch talk group.

I don't believe the TGs were "patched". I believe dispatch was simulcasting on 2 or more TGs.

west-pac

Ok they were only simulcasting on vhf/800 county fire dispatch.

You can say Dispatch doesn't simulcast on 2 TGs at the same time, or they don't patch 2 TGs together, but the screenshot of the log indicates otherwise.

If you're not familiar with what you're looking at in the screenshot, it's the DSD+ Event Log of what is happening with the radio system at that particular time.

From left to right, there is: Date, Time, Action, TG, Radio ID, and Frequency.

As shown in the screenshot, Radio ID 1003 is transmitting on TG 2041 -AND- TG 2011 at exactly the same time (10:43:36 AM) using 2 frequencies (as would be necessary to simulcast or patch) 851.825Mhz, -AND- 852.075Mhz.

Attachments

• 20210123_123710.jpg
    20210123_123710.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 13

fire622

That’s fine, as a end user of the system that’s not what it is doing. I’m not trying to argue just simply letting you know what is happening from our end.

c_snyder

Could DSD+ not be playing well with the system since Allen county P25 is simulcast? (As in motorola LSM)

Status
Not open for further replies.