Cherokee SO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thatsclear

Premium Subscriber
I can no longer hear Cherokee SO on analog VHF. Have they switched to Viper? Or VHF DMR? Fire are still active on analog.

Nchpiboy

Premium Subscriber
I can no longer hear Cherokee SO on analog VHF. Have they switched to Viper? Or VHF DMR? Fire are still active on analog.

I thought I was getting then here in Clay county on Saturday. A co-worker who is on their VFD said that they were getting new radios in 2021. I will look closely at the SO after work today. You can hear the SO talk on VIPER occasionally on their Mutual Aid channel.

Thatsclear

Premium Subscriber
D
I thought I was getting then here in Clay county on Saturday. A co-worker who is on their VFD said that they were getting new radios in 2021. I will look closely at the SO after work today. You can hear the SO talk on VIPER occasionally on their Mutual Aid channel.
Do you know by any chance if "new radios" would refer to them switching to VIPER or are they going the DMR route?

Thank you!

Nchpiboy

Premium Subscriber
D

Do you know by any chance if "new radios" would refer to them switching to VIPER or are they going the DMR route?

Thank you!
They already have an active DMR that I hear on occasion. I don't have DMR activated on my radio so I do not know what they use it for.
159.10500 WQAG825 RMCC 1
TG 1
SL 2
ChkCo SD Tac DMRTactical DMR Law Tac

My fire Department guy said that Cherokee County Fire have a few VIPER radios now but they are not using them. These radios were provided by the state. He said that additional radios were $3000 each.
The only traffic I have herd on VIPER for Cherokee County SO is from a Mutual Aid talk group. Car to Car with Lots of plain talk with very little 10 code.
I hope they will go with NXDN as most of the counties around them use that system type. We will just have to keep listening!

Status
Not open for further replies.