DSDPlus and/or SDRTrunk Windows 7 ... help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
I have been trying to install DSD Plus into a Windows 7 laptop, and no matter what I do it won't install. So I tried to load the FMPA application to work with Airspy ... that won't work either.

I tried SDR Trunk also, downloading their Win7/32Bit version, it would not load at all.

What am I missing?

Admittedly, I am 90% a Mac user, but I use a Toughbook CF-19 for some applications with the Fire Dept, and would like to have the laptop set up to monitor a number of Phase II channels if I can, using an RTL-SDR dongle. Our Fire Dept is on VHF, our mutual aid is a combination of VHF/UHF, easy enough, however, the county fire coordinator is on the state Phase II system, as is the state's Emergency Management, along with Environmental Protection/HazMat and our town police primary dispatch. Channels that we should be able to monitor when needed.

Naturally, none of the fire companies in town have been issued any radios capable of monitoring the state's Phase II system.

sefrischling

Please provide screenshots/error/more info. Hard to tell you an answer if we don't know the problem (other than it doesn't work)

There is no error to screen shot. I click the application, after expanding it, the block box shows up for a split second, then goes away and nothing. It doesn't run. Windows set up never runs, nor does the application launch. So I really can't take a screen shot.

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
DSD+ requires FFT now for FMP so you'll need DLLs for that. You might need the base files for that, but I've only seen to get those is an option within DSD as it's running.

Java isn't required for SDRTrunk 0.4 and up.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Version of DSDPlus? Have you updated all the base files when they were update? Post batch files?

chris

sefrischling

Thanks folks ... I bought it to the computer shop for IT support. They experienced the same problem with both pieces of software and are now trying to figure it out. They think it is an issue with the Java installed on the laptop that is preventing either from loading properly.

I would have never in million years thought to see if it was a Java issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.