Trying to help a friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have his bcd536hp but can get awin Benton county fire departments and Benton county sheriff on there for him I have a home patrol 2 and miraculously got it on mine somehow can someone help us/him he would probably be willing to pay this scanner I think is pretty advanced I know is project 25 phase 2 I just haven’t used trunking radios much since asp started that many years ago thanks in advance

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Can you rephrase and provide more detail? No offense intended but your first post is one big run on sentence and I think maybe you meant can’t instead of can in a place or two but just need some clarification so we know how to help.

As long as the scanner database is updated through Sentinel software then you/he should be able to enter zip code, set the range to something low (a mile or two), select service types desired, and scan.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have his bcd536hp but can get awin Benton county fire departments and Benton county sheriff on there for him I have a home patrol 2 and miraculously got it on mine somehow can someone help us/him he would probably be willing to pay this scanner I think is pretty advanced I know is project 25 phase 2 I just haven’t used trunking radios much since asp started that many years ago thanks in advance
If you have your HP-2 up & receiving, using a Favorites list, you can export that list to an *.hpe file. Then, if you'll install Sentinel for the X36HP scanners (same program used for the SDS100), you can import that Favorites list export (the *.hpe file)into the x36HP version of Sentinel, and then load it into his scanner. The base programming for the HP-2 will import into the x36HP Sentinel. The main differences are that on the 536HP (and 436HP) scanners, you can set alert colors to come on when a specific channel or talkgroup is active, and you can set Priorities and Quick Keys if desired. But the base system programming is the same.

If you are just using location & zip code, not a Favorites list, then install Sentinel for his scanner. Update the database, then write the database, along with range & location selections, & he can start listening. Be sure that in the x36HP Sentinel that you enable the Service types in the profile.

Thanks folks I got him up and running sorry about the punctuation or lack of on my original post and bless my phone for spell check auto correct all of that stuff. Next I will have to learn how to narrow down to the few “channels” that I want to monitor. I graduated high school in 77 took most of the money given to me and bought a scanner and some crystals and owned a dozen scanners since.Gone are the days when I wanted more channels a directional antenna etc. Now just want to hear mainly neighborhood deputies and nearby fire/EMS. Still a great hobby and oh my the technology. Thanks again Delmar

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
The Sentinel software will help you do that - you can find what you want to monitor, right-click, and create a Favorites list for it. Then you can go in and edit that Favorites list to remove what you don't want or add other things to that list or another. It's pretty powerful once you see how it works.

There are some helpful videos on YouTube; one channel I can think of is K4DPS - look him up on YouTube and then look at his videos for Sentinel or the 536 or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.