P25RX and Lancaster County PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

FP761

Premium Subscriber
Looking for anyone using the P25RX in Lancaster County, PA on the LCWC P25 Phase-1 UHF-T Band (470-512 Mhz) and willing to share their experiences.

FP761

Premium Subscriber
dcr_inc: You are monitoring the Lancaster County Fire/EMS System and are having great results? I had one for several months, but had ongoing issues of dropped audio that “my” G5 pager received without issue.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
With the constant firmware updates that are being done, any audio issues would have been corrected. I have been using mine for about 7 months with no issues. I also have a G5 that works OK (I'm in Delta.. In the valley)

FP761

Premium Subscriber
That’s great news! I am on the list to purchase one.

robnj74

Premium Subscriber
Your dropped audio could be a result of the P25RX receive limitation on the specific band you mention. It is only spec'd to 490Mhz in that band according to the website.

Rob
K2RJJ

FP761

Premium Subscriber
Your dropped audio could be a result of the P25RX receive limitation on the specific band you mention. It is only spec'd to 490Mhz in that band according to the website.

Rob
K2RJJ

Hi Rob. For our System, the RX frequency range is 476-478 Mhz, which should be OK.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
You will need a UHF antenna for it.. The 700/800 antenna that ships with the unit is useless for UHF

Status
Not open for further replies.