Banner Air ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quint6

Anyone know Banner Air Dispatch frequency and ship #'s Banner Air 4 is based in Casa Gande, and the other 3 are based out of Banner Ironwood in Queen Creek, Payson and Banner Del Webb in Sun City West (Native 20 is been moved John Lincoln Mountain)

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
Try looking under "Native Air Ambulance" and their ownership group - "Air Methods, Inc". Banner does not run its own air ambulance department. Air Methods is the ownership group of a large number of air ambulances in the United States. Native Air is their DBA name for Arizona, California, Nevada, New Mexico, and Texas.

From the 8 pages of FCC files [both PW and IG services], I found one entry for Arizona:

WQXG336

Locations: ON TOP OF GREENS PEAK; PINETOP, AZ APACHE County and MT. ORD; PAYSON, AZ GILA County

Frequencies:

I checked only active licenses, not cancelled, expired, etc.

There is one entry for Christmas Tree Pass in Laughlin, Nevada.

I did not explore the possible links between Banner Health and Air Methods. Memos of Understanding, contracts, etc. can take a lot of time to unearth, research, and determine uses.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
Basing identifiers in Arizona:

Lake Havasu City - Native Air 8
Parker - Native Air 6
Kearney - Native Air 17
Mesa - Native Air 1
Prescott - Native Air 4
Prescott Valley - Native Air 14
Show Low - Native Air 9
Payson - Native Air 7
Sun City - Native Air 20

These designators are from Native Air, no effective date given.

Note that University Medical Center in Phoenix is not included in the list, nor is Estrella Mountain, Sun City West, and some other Banner facilities.

Last edited:

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
Interesting that they partnered with GMR. I hope that GMR is left alone and that Banner isn't going to apply their corporate "touch" to it.

Single engined helos don't work well with 15 adult passengers and pilots who lack enough training.

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
I read the article too and noticed that they were partnering with Global Medical Response which is the parent company of American Medical Response that operates here in many cities in Arizona. AMR utilizes a handfull of UHF channels and a DMR system Creative Communications, so I was wondering if the helo's would be operating on those channels being as the radio systems are already in place.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
Building out a new system for Banner Air when GMR already has a net doesn't make a lot of sense, but it has been done before and could be done in this instance.

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
Could be using RWC hospital net or an app.

Law enforcement magazine I receive are advertising apps for command staff to push out to agency phones.

Quint6

GMR owns
I read the article too and noticed that they were partnering with Global Medical Response which is the parent company of American Medical Response that operates here in many cities in Arizona. AMR utilizes a handfull of UHF channels and a DMR system Creative Communications, so I was wondering if the helo's would be operating on those channels being as the radio systems are already in place.
GMR owns Arizona Lifeline too
I have not found their ops yet, but tonight I monitored "Banner 3" "Landing Baywood" on 123.025 the Valley Helo Air to Air frequency.
3 might be based ! Ironwood
I have not found their ops yet, but tonight I monitored "Banner 3" "Landing Baywood" on 123.025 the Valley Helo Air to Air frequency.
Banner #3 is based @ Ironwood in Queen Creek and Banner #4 is based at Banner Casa Grand, next Banner #? based @ Banner Del Web Banner # ? based in Payson

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Alright, we are getting closer. I just heard "Banner 4" being dispatched on Med-Trans Mt. Lemmon 153.140 115 DPL. The transmission I heard, was "Flight Com" informing them they had been cancelled by Casa Grande Fire. "Banner 4" replied and confirmed that they were cancelled.

For those in the Phoenix Area, I would focus on the other Med-Trans VHF frequencies. These are Med-Trans licensed frequencies for White Tanks:
153.0575 Repeater
158.3175 Input

I am out of range of White Tanks, so I will need someone to monitor these to help confirm.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
Here's a pic of the helo stationed at Banner Del Webb in Sun City West (W Grand Ave/US60 & W Meeker Blvd)

Attachments

• IMG_2741.jpg
    IMG_2741.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 29

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
For those in the Phoenix Area, I would focus on the other Med-Trans VHF frequencies. These are Med-Trans licensed frequencies for White Tanks:
153.0575 Repeater
158.3175 Input

The repeater freq. is pretty quiet. I've been listening on and off for ~24 hours without hearing traffic and I have a clear LOS to the W.T.s.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I was out mobile on Thursday and heard Banner 1 and Banner 3 coordinating with Flight Com on 158.3175 226 DPL. I’m not sure if this is a repeater input, output, or if they are just using this this frequency as simplex. Make sure you are monitoring this freq.

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
I was out mobile on Thursday and heard Banner 1 and Banner 3 coordinating with Flight Com on 158.3175 226 DPL. I’m not sure if this is a repeater input, output, or if they are just using this this frequency as simplex. Make sure you are monitoring this freq.

Just heard one of the birds getting sent on a interfacilty transport, not sure which one was going as I missed the first part of the dispatch but I did hear them talking about Banner Payson. 158.3175 DPL 226, out here in the far east valley so if they are only using the White Tanks site that's pretty good coverage comparable to AirEvac which I also hear on White Tanks.

KB7MIB

I just heard both Flight Com and one of the pilots on 158.3175.
I did not hear anything on 153.0575.

I believe from the reports above, and what I just heard, that 158.3175 is the repeater output, not the input.

John
Peoria

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I'm still thinking that 158.3175 is either the input or they are only using Simplex. If it is repeated, then 153.0575 might not be the output (even thought that is how it is licensed).

From home, I receive intermittent weak transmissions from "Banner 1" and "Banner 3" on 158.3175. I cannot receive the Flight Com dispatcher from home.

stranger46

you're on guard
Premium Subscriber
I also heard Flight Com and a pilot today on 158.3175. I was receiving Flight Com with a full scale signal, and the pilot about half scale on the 396XT. This was at 16th St/McDowell, and that is by far the strongest signal from Flight Com I've gotten while driving around Phoenix. Could their transmitter be located at Banner University? Also, I still have not heard anything on 153.0575.

Status
Not open for further replies.