MPSRN Handshake Exercise/Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
Just heard something really cool I wasn't aware was even taking place. On the last Tuesday of each month, at 7PM there is a handshake exercise or net where TMR users can call and check in with whoever is designated net controller. Very similar to how it works on amateur radio nets.

It is open to all users on MPSRN who would like to participate and is usually conducted on COMMON 1 or COMMON 2.

I am going to participate next month! 🙂

hfxChris

Database Admin
Exercise Handshake is organized by the Cumberland county EMO and amateur radio club, and they've been doing it for years, since back in the TMR1 days. Obviously back then it was a NS thing, but it's been open to all 3 provinces for a few years now. You don't tend to hear as many agencies from NB or PEI, but occasionally someone will check in. They'll usually want to know how many operators you have, what modes of communication you have, and whether you have generator power.

There's also an amateur radio component, with a simultaneous nets on VHF/2 meter using repeaters linked across NS and PEI, as well as on HF/80 meters.

I'll try and remember to listen next month!

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
Going to try and remember to join the exercise handshake tonight at 7.

novascotian

Just as a point of interest.

Handshake is always going to be on COMMON 1 unless it is already in use for official Interprovincial purposes, which is very rare. If COMMON 1 is in use, Shubie Radio will ask PMCC in New Brunswick for permission to assign COMMON 2.

COMMON 1 belongs to Shubie, COMMON 2 belongs to PMCC New Brunswick.

Status
Not open for further replies.