Looking for Info on Weber State University Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

K5KNT

Premium Subscriber
I'm looking for Weber State University (WSU) frequencies and the only thing I've found are the campus police and buses. I would really be interested in the maintenance frequencies and the campus police daytime frequencies. I've only heard the campus police on the trunking system after normal business hours.
Does anyone know what these are and are they on the trunking system or not.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Kent

K5KNT

Premium Subscriber
Actual use, no but I’ve seen plenty of people walking around with handhelds. Also does WSU PD use a different system. Frequency, talk group during the day? I haven’t heard them on Broadcastify during the day.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Many years ago when i was going to school there they had a dispatcher during the day and used county channels at night. Back then they were on VHF. So if your hearing them at night on the county system they may still be doing the same thing and using their own dispatcher during the day. Unfortunately its not helpful but its a piece of the past.

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
WSU PD is dispatched on UCA TG 6144 (WSU PD Car-Car) during the day from 7am to 5pm. They are then accountable to Weber Co. Dispatch on TG 6048 South after hours. When on 6144 they are simply numbered units except for the Sgt. so 1, 2, 7, 10 & S1........

There is only one officer on duty in the late night hours. That officer covers Davis Co. & Weber Co. Assets. Mostly premise checks of buildings.

The staff on campus use vhf mobile to mobile ( I don't know the freq's) doubt they are high enough power to require licensing. Maintenance is done through UCA on the "maintenance" TG's

K5KNT

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, Paul. Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I never received a notice of your reply'

Kent

WSU PD is dispatched on UCA TG 6144 (WSU PD Car-Car) during the day from 7am to 5pm. They are then accountable to Weber Co. Dispatch on TG 6048 South after hours. When on 6144 they are simply numbered units except for the Sgt. so 1, 2, 7, 10 & S1........

There is only one officer on duty in the late night hours. That officer covers Davis Co. & Weber Co. Assets. Mostly premise checks of buildings.

The staff on campus use vhf mobile to mobile ( I don't know the freq's) doubt they are high enough power to require licensing. Maintenance is done through UCA on the "maintenance" TG's

tvengr

Well Known Member
The staff on campus use vhf mobile to mobile ( I don't know the freq's) doubt they are high enough power to require licensing.
Try 151.955. Licensed for NFM, mobile only. 30 units, 50 watts. Weber State College KA69763.
Give these a try: 453.35000, 453.5500, and 453.7250.
Those are the 3 frequencies used by the LTR trunked system. They are licensed for both NFM and DMR. The system may have switched to DMR. I am not in your area to be privy to that info.

Last edited:

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
I had never thought about DMR but it makes sense. I don't have DMR enabled yet but it's on my xmas list.

N7YUO

A long time ago, someone mapped out a USU radio.
These are the USU tg's that showed up:
6144 WSU PD CAR 677 hits latest tonight at 20:04:45 (from SL Simul)
6176 WEBER STATE 2 Not Listed last 2020-03-22
6208 WEBER STATE 3 Not Listed last 2021-02-25

Since there is so little traffic on 2 & 3, I don't see how we could verify their usage.
If you live near, or attend the USU, put them in anyway.
If a dramatic situation happens, you will be prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.