R8600 R8600 Scan behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

I have several memory groups programmed with frequencies for different services (air, rail etc) I'm using Icom's software to program the radio. My issue is when it stops on a memory channel because there is a signal it wont resume scanning once the signal is gone, i have to hit the scan button all the time. I tried to play with different squelch settings and resume time but it as no effect. It's a bit annoying to press the scan button so often. Am i doing something wrong ?

Many thanks
VA2FCS

MDScanFan

Have you played with the scan settings associated with Dial A? If you press and hold there is a Scan Resume setting. If you press there is a resume time setting. Check those settings.

MDScanFan

Also, try rotating (don't push) Dial A clockwise until it reads Hold. I believe that should make it resume upon the signal disappearing.

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
Have you played with the scan settings associated with Dial A? If you press and hold there is a Scan Resume setting. If you press there is a resume time setting. Check those settings.

You got it sir, i had completely forgotten about that setting. The scan resume was set to Off. Thank you very much !!

Status
Not open for further replies.