Gen Con

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubn

Database Admin
I was downtown listening for NFL frequencies and 457.8625 has been listed as NFL Game Day Coordinator frequency. I heard it in use and I then checked 452.8625 and found it was a repeater. They were talking about a sick person by "Magic HQ" and later heard them specifically say multiple times that it is GenCon staff and talked about vendors packing up the exhibits Sunday afternoon and wishing the guests goodbye and "see you again in 2022."

They switched "Ch3" a couple times but I never found what that was. It wasn't on 452.8625 with a different TG. Could have been something simplex...I was listening from home by then.

Makes we want to check if other conventions use rental radios or bring their own repeater. LOS / ICC DMR has EVENT TG's 52-57 so I would have figured they'd just borrow radios and use those talkgroups like the Big Ten Conference championship game does. Circle of Stars Gymnastics Invitational at the ICC (Feb 2020) used 461.0375 023.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Some Vendors have thier own radios. Both digital and analog. LOS/ICC also has conventional Talkarounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.