Chesapeake police broadcasts gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

tacony

Just got back to chesapeake and noticed cpd radio broadcasts was showing the status offline for awhile but now it's not even listed. I only see fire and amateur radio listed. Tried to contact broadcastify but don't know if it was received. Anyone have any idea what is going on?

fredva

Feed Provider
Broadcastify feeds are usually provided by volunteers with scanners, although sometimes, an agency itself will provide the feed. If a volunteer moves out of the area, the feed will be taken down. Sometimes a volunteer feed provider will have equipment that fails and isn't replaced. Or the volunteer just loses interest in maintaining the feed for whatever reason. To avoid dependency on somebody else providing a feed, you could invest in your own scanner. One advantage to having your own scanner is that you could listen to more police channels than what a feed provider is allowed to stream.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Just got back to chesapeake and noticed cpd radio broadcasts was showing the status offline for awhile but now it's not even listed. I only see fire and amateur radio listed. Tried to contact broadcastify but don't know if it was received. Anyone have any idea what is going on?
Honestly, I’d say just kick the scanner apps to the curb for good. They’re ruining the hobby, just look at Facebook, there’s tons of groups where people just listen to the “scanner” AKA the app and just post whatever they hear, not thinking about officer safety or OPSEC, get an actual scanner and just keep what transmissions you hear to yourself is the best way I can put it

kainixon2187

Premium Subscriber
Honestly, I’d say just kick the scanner apps to the curb for good. They’re ruining the hobby, just look at Facebook, there’s tons of groups where people just listen to the “scanner” AKA the app and just post whatever they hear, not thinking about officer safety or OPSEC, get an actual scanner and just keep what transmissions you hear to yourself is the best way I can put it
And then there’s the people on Nextdoor who listen to brodcastify and go around spreading false information and rumors. I can’t imagine how many problems that creates for law enforcement.

jbella

Premium Subscriber

A more appropriate response would be "Kick Facebook to the curb for good."

vavolff

Transcending Shower and Curtain
Premium Subscriber
And then there’s the people on Nextdoor who listen to brodcastify and go around spreading false information and rumors. I can’t imagine how many problems that creates for law enforcement.
Dude, this right here! Next Door is even more toxic than Facebook at times, the biggest group of gossipers and busy bodies. My fave is when VBPD's bird goes airborne, the posts come in fast and furious! Its pretty comical. The worst - The "scanner groups". 3/4 of the group have zero idea on what they're talking about lol. Great Saturday Night entertainment if you're stuck indoors.

kainixon2187

Premium Subscriber
Dude, this right here! Next Door is even more toxic than Facebook at times, the biggest group of gossipers and busy bodies. My fave is when VBPD's bird goes airborne, the posts come in fast and furious! Its pretty comical. The worst - The "scanner groups". 3/4 of the group have zero idea on what they're talking about lol. Great Saturday Night entertainment if you're stuck indoors.
100% agree. There’s people on there who think they know everything cause they can use ePro and broadcastify. Just the other day someone saw a police drone and everyone started going nuts on there.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
They don’t realize that when they ask why the Bird is airborne, you could be jeopardizing an active incident

Anime

Photojournalist
Premium Subscriber
I decided to start it up again since I gave whoever ran it first ample amount of time to return out of respect. I do not know why they left, hopefully they are ok, but I'll take things from here. Over the next few weeks to months, I'll buy some things to greatly improve the feed.

tacony

Great really appreciate you getting it up again. Might be a little tricky though I tried but couldn't find anything to clean up the simulcast, maybe my location

kc4jgc

I decided to start it up again since I gave whoever ran it first ample amount of time to return out of respect. I do not know why they left, hopefully they are ok, but I'll take things from here. Over the next few weeks to months, I'll buy some things to greatly improve the feed.
I've been off RR for a while.
To answer your question as to what happened, early last year the feed provider stopped his feed. A couple months later, another person volunteered to bring back the feed. Later in the year, he was fed up with FB Chesapeake Scanner group members complaining about the feed, so he terminated it.

tacony

Feed is offline now suspect anime is working it. The feed has been up and running pretty good. I am really impressed with the effort Anime is dedicating to this. As I stated before I could not beat the simulcast broadcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.