TOW Sites in database

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8DLA

Not intending to hijack the thread, but this is somewhat related...
Are the mobile sites 5A1 and 645 still located somewhere in Freescan import and in Sentinel? I cannot seem to find either TOW in the site list under import>trunked systems>Ohio MARCS-IP in Freescan. Neither show up in the Statewide MARCS site list in Sentinel either. I am sure it's obvious and I missed it. Can anyone point me to TOW sites for importing into BCD325 and BCD436 radios? I'm trying to configure the TOW sites for Pumpkin Show.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Not intending to hijack the thread, but this is somewhat related...
Are the mobile sites 5A1 and 645 still located somewhere in Freescan import and in Sentinel? I cannot seem to find either TOW in the site list under import>trunked systems>Ohio MARCS-IP in Freescan. Neither show up in the Statewide MARCS site list in Sentinel either. I am sure it's obvious and I missed it. Can anyone point me to TOW sites for importing into BCD325 and BCD436 radios? I'm trying to configure the TOW sites for Pumpkin Show.

You'll probably have to look them up and install manually. Because they are not active full time in any one location (in fact, they're rarely active), they're listed as "Itinerant" in the database so that they don't get imported and scanned needlessly, which would slow down your scanning of active stuff.

It's been so long since I did it I don't recall the specifics offhand; they should be in the listed in the database, but you'll have to pull them into your programming manually.

I keep them in the scanner as separate favorite files so I can bring them up as needed, but since they're in my work radios I often don't bother.

Update: typically only one TOW would be in use at a given location. They are totally separate systems from the main Ohio MARCS so they would be listed separately.

Last edited:

phask

Premium Subscriber
I have no idea where they are in Sentinel - but they are there:). I see them in some of my fav. lists I created.

If you have Proscan you can grab them via the page address, no idea on Freescan ( I have it but have not used in a few years).

I found one way to get them n Sentinel. Create a new fav list with ONLY Interop service type selected. That will get them and a minimal amount of other stuff. Just delete the "other stuff". I'd guess it would work with a 0 or low range, less junk that way.

Last edited:

N8DLA

Greatly appreciated. I went the manual route and got them entered into my BCD325. I loaded that same config into the 996p2 mounted in my truck. It has a tri-band receive NMO antenna on the roof. The config worked because I was picking up 5A1 XSCOMM traffic well north of town on the way in from Ashville. I met up with an EMT friend working there and his township guys were on XSCOMM3. I could hear them all clear as bell all around town on the 325.

I'll make sure I keep that config safe for next year. Thank you all for the input.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
For future reference, the two MARCS-IP TOW sites can be found under the Itinerant "county" listing for Ohio. ProScan can import them from that "county", so I assume that FreeSCAN as well.

1635014039714.png

Status
Not open for further replies.