FMP window settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I know that pressing the "W" key in DSD Plus Event Log windows displays the locations of the various windows used. Then one can change the settings in CC.bat and VC.bat to move the windows where desired.

I know that font sizes can be changed, as I've done that.

There doesn't seem to be a similar function in FMP, but it would be nice if there was. Or am I missing something?

LimaZulu

There is no option to change font size but pressing "?" with FMP window selected will shows you the window coordinates in the FMP/FMP24 console as long as with all other FMP/FMP24 related options

garys

Premium Subscriber
I tried that but got nothing. Well, if I press "?" when I have the DSD-CC window selected, I get the DSD commands. If I press "?" when I have FMPA selected, I get nothing. Same on the FMP24/DSD-VC side.

Pressing '?' while FMPA is running does it. Probably the same for all the other FMP variants.

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
I have the Spectrum Display window location. I now just have to figure out why when I put it in FMPA-CC I get a message that tells me that -ws is an valid command.
Did you mean -wsly.x (i.e., there's a lower-case letter 'l' after the 's')?

garys

Premium Subscriber
It looks that way, but I still get the invalid parameter error message. I'm putting it in FMPA-CC.bat, which is where I think it belongs.

I figured it out. the parameter has to go at the end of the line, after -rc.

Did you mean -wsly.x (i.e., there's a lower-case letter 'l' after the 's')?

Last edited:

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
Only for the purpose of reporting a potential bug, I upgraded to the latest DSDPlus that has FMPA 2.43 and it did not complain, regardless of where I put -wsl200.300 on the command-line. E.g., FMPA -wsl200.300 -rc -o20001 -f935.0 included in its output Spectrum display window origin set to (200,300). However, I don't have an AirSpy device, so maybe it behaves differently if it finds one.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Maybe it's Airspy related, but I put the location information in the same place in FMP24. Either way, I'm happy with how it worked out.

slicerwizard

Only for the purpose of reporting a potential bug, I upgraded to the latest DSDPlus that has FMPA 2.43 and it did not complain, regardless of where I put -wsl200.300 on the command-line. E.g., FMPA -wsl200.300 -rc -o20001 -f935.0 included in its output Spectrum display window origin set to (200,300). However, I don't have an AirSpy device, so maybe it behaves differently if it finds one.
That command line works fine at the command prompt or in a batch file. Some folks just can't handle command lines - or show their failing work.

FMPA Test.png

garys

Premium Subscriber
I've written batch and executable files for about 35 years now. This is the first one I've ever seen exhibit that behavior. Why? I have no idea, but since I got it to work, I'm not worried about.

Status
Not open for further replies.