Need programming help

Status
Not open for further replies.

maintmanager

Hey guys so I just bought a Motorola xpr6550 digital dmr mototrbo I sent it out to a place in mn to have it programmed they said they programmed it but I don’t think they did frequency is 460.3125 cc9 tg101 sl1 can anyone do it?

maintmanager

I just want to receive not transmit I currently have it in my uniden bcd436hp but the battery’s only last a couple hours the Motorola xpr6550 is rechargeable and last much longer

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
That is in the Law Enforcement Band you are better off with the scanner PS I get close to 8 hours scanning with my 436 at mid volume.
No it's not, 450-470 is for Private LMR and public safety and probably about 15 random other things, it's not dedicated to law enforcement like 700/800 pretty much is.

Also it's extremely trivial to program a XPR for receive only on a conventional freq, you just click "receive only" in CPS for that channel. If you key-up on that freq, you hear a tone and it displays something like TX only.

IMO the 6550 is great for this type of use, the impress battery system is wayyyyy better than any scanner battery system. Although, it would really suck if you had to send it somewhere to get programmed.

All that being said, the OP may want to get a RTL SDR dongle and DSD Plus (or a friend with a DMR capable scanner) to verify the Color code, timeslot(s) and TG are correct, that he can receive the freq from his location and that they aren't using ENC.

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
All that being said, the OP may want to get a RTL SDR dongle and DSD Plus (or a friend with a DMR capable scanner) to verify the Color code, timeslot(s) and TG are correct, that he can receive the freq from his location and that they aren't using ENC.
If it isn't, the database should be corrected, too, assuming @maintmanager is in North Wildwood (or within range of it).

K2NEC

That is in the Law Enforcement Band you are better off with the scanner PS I get close to 8 hours scanning with my 436 at mid volume.
He already has the radio and knows what he wants in it (and knows to keep it at RX only). So why go through the hassle of selling that and getting a compatible scanner for 2x or 3x the price?

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Also it's extremely trivial to program a XPR for receive only on a conventional freq, you just click "receive only" in CPS for that channel. If you key-up on that freq, you hear a tone and it displays something like TX only.

Agreed, this is not in this case non-affiliate scanning a trunked system or something else. Every moto radio since PC programming became available in the 80s has had the option to tick off to "Receive Only personality"

I'd be more concerned with getting the correct time slot and talkgroups if you don't have the software or yea and SDR to verify, its a pain in the butt if anything changes or something new comes out. I'd almost recommend a dmr radio with promiscuous monitor receive so you get everything that comes across the frequency if someone is unsure of a new system

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
He already has the radio and knows what he wants in it (and knows to keep it at RX only). So why go through the hassle of selling that and getting a compatible scanner for 2x or 3x the price?
The OP already has the scanner. Also in a 100 mile radius of my location all 460.xxx is Law Enforcement with LMR 461.xxx-464.999
I see this still working part time in a radio shop when they need help.

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
Per 47 CFR 90.20(c)(3) 460.0125 through 460.64375 are primarily public safety, and 47 CFR 90.35(b)(3) confirms that the industrial/business pool starts at 460.65000. However, there are lots of exceptions in the notes, allowing for at least secondary assignments in other services (e.g., note 90.20(d)(27) on the 12.5 kHz offset channels, which points to 90.238(e), allowing secondary 2-watt telemetry usage).

Status
Not open for further replies.