Icom: Wishing Icom would make 1200 MHz radios again

Status
Not open for further replies.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Icom ID-1 for starters.
Also, I believe the tri-band kenwood of 20 something years ago could accept a 1.2g module.
I know the TS-2000 could have a 1.2G module. I’m not sure it was much more portable than the 9700. Both are rather large.

I forgot about the ID-1. I have never seen one of those.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Remtronix no longer shows it on their website, so I don't think the Alinco DJ-G7 is being imported to the U.S. anymore.

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
Buying radios made for Japan have some issues. Their band plans are different from ours. For 1.2GHz our band is 1.24GHz to 1.3GHz. In Japan it is 1.26GHz to 1.3GHz.

I have a friend with 1.2GHz radios. There is one private 1.2GHz repeater in our area. He received permission to use it from the owner. The problem? No one is ever on there. He monitored, he called and nothing.

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
I have a friend with 1.2GHz radios. There is one private 1.2GHz repeater in our area. He received permission to use it from the owner. The problem? No one is ever on there. He monitored, he called and nothing.

We've got a D-STAR repeater on 1285.00 MHz that I can access with my 9700. Despite having a few ID-1 and IC-9700 radios floating around locally, absolutely nobody uses it. It's become my personal hot spot for linking with other reflectors. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.