Frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbr281

Is there any way to find out which frequencies are used on a specific feed? I listen to my local FD/EMS using Broadcastify, a few weeks ago there was a power outage across most of the county from a wind storm. Thankfully the cell towers were still powered or I wouldn’t be able to hear where the hazards were. That got me thinking that in the case of a complete power outage I wouldn’t have any way of staying up to date with important calls. It would be awesome if frequency lookup was a thing for the feeds.

rcool101

Feed Provider
You can look up the frequencies in the database. State, County and the name of what you're listening to. Do you have a scanner? If not, the freqs won't be of any use

tbr281

I use DSD+ and use the control channel that should be correct but the transmissions don’t correspond to the call signs I see on DSD. Too bad There isn’t a way to see the ones used in the feed.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Go to the feed page, click 'report a problem' and email them. It's goes straight to the feed provider. I doubt anyone is going to get mad that you're asking a question instead of reporting an actual problem. You may not get a response but you can give it a try.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
It's up to the feed provider to give that information with the feed and some do in detail, they are very specific about the exact frequencies, where the receiving antenna is ect... others keep you guessing.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I use DSD+ and use the control channel that should be correct but the transmissions don’t correspond to the call signs I see on DSD. Too bad There isn’t a way to see the ones used in the feed.
It sounds like you are trying to monitor a digital system, most likely a P25 trunking system. Is this correct? If so, check the database for the site for your area, and use the primary & alternate control channels listed. If those do not work, listen to the repeaters for the voice channels, as they might have been reassigned, and the database not updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.