436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semperfi1182

Premium Subscriber
looking for recommendations on programming software prefer free for the BCD436HP. Not sure if it will already some set up the way i want for Palm Beach County FL sheriff and fire rescue, as well as a couple private frequencies. Thank you in advance, cant wait to get the new scanner this week!

Semper Fi
In God we trust, all others pay cash

Voyager

The only free SW AFAIK is Uniden x36 Sentinel. You need that anyway to update the firmware. I use that and it serves all my programming needs.

MStep

looking for recommendations on programming software prefer free for the BCD436HP. Not sure if it will already some set up the way i want for Palm Beach County FL sheriff and fire rescue, as well as a couple private frequencies. Thank you in advance, cant wait to get the new scanner this week!

Semper Fi
In God we trust, all others pay cash

While there are several ancillary programs that you might at some future date find interesting additions for your 436, the included Sentinel program is absolutely necessary for updating the scanner software and downloading the main database from the Radio Reference website, as others here have mentioned.

I strongly suggest the you become intimately familiar with the operation of Sentinel and with your scanner before considering any other software. You're likely to find that once you understand the operation of Sentinel and how it interfaces with the 436, it's probable that you will find that you do not require any other software.

strandbiker1

Premium Subscriber
Issue with using Uniden Sential software

Hello all:

I have a 436 HP and use Sentinel to update the Master DB and firmware in the radio. I Also have a 996 XT and use ProScan to program the radio. As I am a premium RR member, I can import current database updates to the 996 XT. With the 436 and Sentinal, I am limited to the weekly Monday DB updates. I was monitoring the LA RICS system and on New Year's Eve, was able to update my 996 XT using ProScan and my RR membership to import the updated talkgroups. As Sentinel can only update your radios based on the weekly Monday updates, any changes after Monday are lost. It was much easier to take real time updates with ProScan and the 996XT.

Skip

Voyager

Are there really that many changes? You could always use FLs to add anything new.

Status
Not open for further replies.