• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Hytera PD565 Password Read & Basic Encryption Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarnish05

Hello All,

Firstly, can anyone tell me how to read a codeplug password for this model? Is there a HEX edit or a Hytera lab tool that exists?

I can overwrite fine with a default codeplug but I want to retain the information rather than write it again as there are other features and contact names to add and amend as its not my radio and the owner or should I say user has given me permission to do so. However the radio dealer is holding the users hostage by not disclosing the password their engineer has placed on the system so they can go to another dealer unless they buy ALL new kit.

Secondly, there is the Basic encryption key to try and work out.

I believe there are 1-255 possible keys like the Motorola but the key length and key value is confusing. I dont think it would be possible to start at 1 and work my way across to 255 with 10 characters then 32 then 64 without knowing what the key value is. Are the odds of working out the Basic Key therefore not 1 in 255 possible? Can it be guessed by repeated programming and trying?

Regards,
Mike

Interesting legal dilemma, if the radios were paid for who owns the data inside? I wonder if there was a clause in the purchase contract. From your wording it sounds like maybe your friend only rents/leases the radios.
Not aware of any factory special software, I wonder if sending the radio to the Hytera repair depot along with proof of purchase would let them do a password reset.

The PD562 has 10, 32 or 64 character key length options.

Tarnish05

That's correct. They DO rent them.

I'll peruse a legal view point and see if I cannot be more persuasive as a fellow engineer but I know how much the user has struggled with them.

Whats strange is they have the right to add additional users and have as many users and contacts added to the system as they want but the turnaround is long and they charge a fortune as they are not OTAR so all will be needing to be done and they are not prepared to reprogram just one on the users personal request. There are many users that have gone now and in some cases re rented back to other users without the Radio ID amended for that user so when names and departments are transmitting they don't always match which is adding confusion.

I can program many varieties of two ways but as a respected radio engineer for other systems in the complex I was asked as a favour to amend certain sets, this being one of them as a favour to the user to clearup the confusing radio ID's/users.

Its looking like I cannot see a way round the password by Hytera if I can't reverse the original CPS or there is a tool floating around that will aid in this.

Just one of the reasons I stick with the big 'M'

If anyone knows a way please post.

Many thanks,
Mike

dazey77

As they rent them, I believe the stance is that neither the radios or the programming belong to the client. As such the vendor is within their rights to try and stop them just adding to the system.
Had the client bought the radios then the programming would generally be viewed to belong to the client so you would have a legal route(I am in another country so I only know how its viewed here).
Perhaps you could consider moving to an ownership model if you have in-house programming capability? Short term cost but will save you in the long run.
Also if you amend the programming on any of their radios, this would certainly not be permitted as the radios are not the clients to programme. You could be charged for damages (putting the radios back to their 'correct' programming). Don't think they could do much if you worked out how to add radios to the fleet, but changing their equipment would be a big no-no

dazey77

(client of course could simply terminate the rental agreement, give all the kit back and rent from a new agency if they really feel they are being taken for a ride)

there is a Hytera forum in one of the frozen countries, Finland maybe?, that has lots of users trading software and programming hints/tips. Can't remember the name.

0xFF1E071F

Dear Tarnish;
Did I get it right:
1. You have rental radio(s) and you cannot program them via programming cable, because you don't know the password?
2. Those rental radios have encryption keys and you cannot change them? (or if you know the key you can program your own radios)

If those are the problems read my this post carefully:

Status
Not open for further replies.