P25RX-II P25RX-II Multimode Scanning

btt

Banned
Banned
There is still a lot of work to be done before this can be released, but I thought it would be good to show a video of some progress. In this video, there are 14 channels being monitored including 4 P25 P1 channels, 2 DMR control channels, 5 DMR traffic channels, and 3 NXDN traffic channels. I will be working on adding the ability to monitor FMNB channels and also the ability to scan P25 trunked systems along with the other modes simultaneously. It is taking longer than I expected to get this all working.

hkrharry

Member - RR DB AdminMo/Ks
Database Admin
There is still a lot of work to be done before this can be released, but I thought it would be good to show a video of some progress. In this video, there are 14 channels being monitored including 4 P25 P1 traffic channels, 2 DMR control channels, 5 DMR traffic channels, and 3 NXDN traffic channels. I will be working on adding the ability to monitor FMNB channels and also the ability to scan P25 trunked systems along with the other modes simultaneously. It is taking longer than I expected to get this all working.

I know this is asking a lot, will this option/feature ever be available to the older P25RX units?

Or is it not possible due to the updated hardware?

HH

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I know this is asking even more, but could you add SmartNet and EDACS? (Just kidding...)

• Haha
Reactions: btt

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Hey Todd... I'd be happy to beta test the FMNB and mixed mode scanning for ya! Whenever you have something ready, feel free to send!

There is still a lot of work to be done before this can be released... I will be working on adding the ability to monitor FMNB channels and also the ability to scan P25 trunked systems along with the other modes simultaneously...

dispatchgeek

Control channel goes "brrrrr"
Between the cornfields and the pastures, Michigan.
I’ll throw my hat in as well. My county would be a good test bed for mixed mode scanning of P25 trunked/NBFM. (I posted this too soon. I can do that for the P25RX. Don’t have an RX-II.)

Hey Todd... I'd be happy to beta test the FMNB and mixed mode scanning for ya! Whenever you have something ready, feel free to send!

MStep

I plan on adding the same features to the P25RX once I'm done changing the P25RX-II code.

NBFM is something that I think has been discussed before, and it would certainly make this unit closer to a "one-size-fits-all" unit for mobile installations.

Incidentally, for those considering either the P25RX or the P25RX-II, what then would be the primary differences between both models?

btt

Banned
Banned
NBFM is something that I think has been discussed before, and it would certainly make this unit closer to a "one-size-fits-all" unit for mobile installations.

Incidentally, for those considering either the P25RX or the P25RX-II, what then would be the primary differences between both models?
The P25RX-II has an external IF filter with 90+ dB stop band. The P25RX-II is currently available because I was able to purchase an inventory of parts before they became unavailable. Those are the two big differences. Another internal detail is that the P25RX has an ASIC that performs A/D conversion, analog filtering, decimation, digital filtering. The samples are then transferred via a slow serial interface for further filtering / demod / decode. With the P25RX-II, the ASIC provides an analog IF signal that is externally filtered and fed to A/D converters on the MCU. The A/D converters on the MCU have over-sampling in hw (12-bit conversion, 14-effective) and provide sample buffers with DMR transfers (very fast). Because of the DMA, the P25RX-II is able to perform more work on the samples in software.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
Made some more progress in the past couple of days. Was able to increase the scanning speed by at least 2x, improved the audio quality of the FM demod, added AM demod and the ACARS decoder.
😁👍👍👍👍