BC125AT: If anyone still uses the 125AT, I made a tool to program it natively on Linux. I hope it can help someone!

itsmaxymoo

Hi everyone. The 125AT was/is my first scanner, and I've fallen in love with it. I found there's no easy way to program its settings or channels on Linux. There's bc125at-perl, but it's finicky at best.

So, I present to you: bc125py! It's written in python, and can read and write to/from your scanner! It can import channels to CSV, which you can edit in something like excel and then export back to your scanner. It also supports editing all of the scanners settings.

Pardon my enthusiasm, I'm just very proud :)
I would be flattered if any of the intended users could give this a try! I've tested it endlessly on my own scanner, and it works great! Don't hesitate to comment back with issues or feedback!

Omega-TI

Ω
Premium Subscriber
I love to see threads like this! Giving an older radio some love is a good thing! Not only that, many people have older out-of-date computers just sitting around doing nothing and a LInux distro can work quite well on some of those older systems. Pairing two old things together full-time is just double the fun.

starbasessd

Wow! Coming into the conversation late, but Wow! Ham here. Linux user. RPis and Debian laptops. VERY nice tool, gets me off Windows.
I am wondering if you can read data off the display, yet? That is all I'm missing. I love my BC125AT, especially for mobile/portable ops like field day or special events.

p1879

A fine Christmas present of modern Tech and old-fashioned generosity.

Scan125

I understand that the CodeWeavers CrossOver software is really good for Apple, Linux and Chrome Users.

If anybody has tried successfully or failed to run Scan125 with CrossOver then I would like to hear from you.