257.150 Car Alarm

Marcy57

Premium Subscriber
Not sure how long it,s been going on ?? but kinda weird....
probably Pirates fooling around??...73,s Marcy

Marcy57

Premium Subscriber
I turned my Yagi which I,m receiving it on ....due South and the signal
went way way up...so assuming SA...someone says something very fast in I
beleive? in Portuguese and the alarm continues...maybe it has significance?
for a warning or something or maybe just Pirates bored?? never know?
another mystery.....73,s Marcy

Marcy57

Premium Subscriber
I still copy it this morning at 1015z not as strong but still there.....73,s Marcy

Last edited:

RichardKramer

Premium Subscriber
Yes Richard, you are right much better in usb/cw...I just had it on FM
never bothered to try...tks...73,s Marcy
When I tune thru the 240 - 270.05 satcom band and have more time, I'll tune manually thru the whole band in the USB mode-makes the data or other weird sounding signals stand out more than in the FM mode. If hearing an FM voice signal, it really sounds "ratchety" while in the USB mode. Today, still hearing the alarm on 257.15.

Marcy57

Premium Subscriber
Yes still there....not sure what the purpose is? at this long for days on end doubt
it is just "game playing" or "fooling around" has to be some reason for it maybe
like mentioned by JamesWest...a jammer sig??..73,s Marcy

JamesWest

257.15 is FLTSATCOM Channel 5 Quebec band plan.

so everybody know what this sounds like:

I heard this in a sound file on twitter from another SATCOM person but can't find it now. I can't hear this because I am on the other side of the planet from my fellow Americans.

Marcy57

Premium Subscriber
James tks...thats it! still going at 1120z here this morning ...
so far I have been told, Jammer sig?, Russian APCO 25?, and
or Channel Marker?...and on it goes...73,s Marcy
(seems? QRT now from here)

Last edited:

JamesWest

For what it's worth, 255.55 channel 04 Quebec (what I call the primary Russian voice channel because it is the most active) on FLTSATCOM 8/UFO 11 @74E IOR has also been jammed for days with a constant voice program of some sort. I am thinking this is Ukraine related.

chr0nik

I've got my 6-ele yagi pointed at 15.4w and I'm able to catch the alarm on 257.150. I was wondering what it was but I've not being able to find much. In fact, I use that frequency to align the yagi.

vavolff

Transcending Shower and Curtain
Premium Subscriber
I've got my 6-ele yagi pointed at 15.4w and I'm able to catch the alarm on 257.150. I was wondering what it was but I've not being able to find much. In fact, I use that frequency to align the yagi.
Does the set up work well for you? I'm getting ready to jump into Sat Coms, but the budget isn't what I wish lol

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
I have known (they announced on the air who they were and what they were going to do) the U.S. (tto sometimes jam pirates on the U.S. UHF satellites with a similar sound to try to drive them off the frequency. They jammed the frequency for days. this was a couple decades ago.

chr0nik

Does the set up work well for you? I'm getting ready to jump into Sat Coms, but the budget isn't what I wish lol

It does work quite well, I've made 3 satcom antennas - a 5 ele, A 6 ele and today I made an 8 element yagi resonant at 256.200.

Overall, I've spent around £50 in materials.

I'm currently using it for rx via sdr on GQRX - getting anywhere between -45dbFS to -56dbFS.

Attachments

• yagi.jpeg
    yagi.jpeg
    82.5 KB · Views: 51