Pro-2006: Pro-2006 Front End

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDowson

I’m in need of a scanner for airband VHF that doesn’t suffer from front end overload.
I have a strong nearby frequency at 125mhz that blasts through everything on my Uniden 125.
Im told its virtually impossible to overload the Pro-2006. Is this true? Would this be the solution to my problem?

kb5udf

Premium Subscriber
Is the offending frequency actually transmitting at 125mhz or bleeding through there? What is the nature of the offending transmission?

Ubbe

The Pro2006 are almost as good as a professional radio when measured in a high interference environment.

/Ubbe

RDowson

Is the offending frequency actually transmitting at 125mhz or bleeding through there? What is the nature of the offending transmission?
It’s on 125.725. Scottish VOLMET. I need to attenuate between 10 and 20dB to stop it overloading my Uniden

prcguy

Before buying another random scanner I would pick up a cheap USB dongle SDR and use that to measure the exact level of the offending signal. Or find someone with a spectrum analyzer and do the same. Without that information you will never know what receivers will work. If you measure the VOLMET signal at a moderate high level of say 60dBm then you would have many options. If you receive it at -20dBm or higher then you have a real problem and will have to notch it out.

RDowson

Before buying another random scanner I would pick up a cheap USB dongle SDR and use that to measure the exact level of the offending signal. Or find someone with a spectrum analyzer and do the same. Without that information you will never know what receivers will work. If you measure the VOLMET signal at a moderate high level of say 60dBm then you would have many options. If you receive it at -20dBm or higher then you have a real problem and will have to notch it out.
I have an Airspy R2 that I can use. Do you know how I’d find the signal strength using that and SDR#?

Status
Not open for further replies.