GATTRS West Texas

slayer7303

What happened to the No Trees sites? I just updated my GATTRS systems and the No Trees VHF and the 800 sites are gone, now i can no longer hear DPS or TxDOT on the system. Dose any one still have the sites frequencies? I work on the west side of town witch puts me to far to pick up the Odessa tower..

Last edited:

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
What happened to the No Trees sites? I just updated my GATTRS systems and the No Trees VHF and the 800 sites are gone, now i can no lon
ger hear DPS or TxDOT on the system. Dose any one still have the sites frequencies? I work on the west side of town witch puts me to far to pick up the Odessa tower..

Tower collapsed in the ice storm in 2020.

slayer7303

Ok i can see that but i was hearing them on those freqs untill i did the data update a couple of days ago and now the no trees freqs are the only ones missing....i can still hear them on the King mt site untill i get about 20 miles outside of Odessa then it goes blank?

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Ok i can see that but i was hearing them on those freqs untill i did the data update a couple of days ago and now the no trees freqs are the only ones missing....i can still hear them on the King mt site untill i get about 20 miles outside of Odessa then it goes blank?
I haven’t heard Notrees since I’ve been in the area. I have it programmed in but I only pick up Midland VHF from West Odessa and sometimes McCamey. The database currently has Orla, both Notrees and Big Spring listed as inactive until someone hears them on the air again and verified the site numbers haven’t changed.

slayer7303

Ok maybe it is the Midland site that i need to put back in then, i dont get off that way much lately so i removed it to....i'll give that a try. The Odessa site is hit n miss out west...lol and your right no traffic on no trees. I just know i could hear traffic untill i updated my files on my scanners then nothing and it removed the no trees, gardendale and midland sites and went dark...BTW i use a SDS 200 as a base and a bcd436 as a mobile...

Last edited:

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
Someone took Notrees out of the database.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
That is strange. I changed Orla, both Notrees and Big Spring all to inactive site status and somehow they are all deleted even from the admin side…except for Orla. I am not sure what bugged out but when they come back online, we will add them back for sure.

KE5PL

That is strange. I changed Orla, both Notrees and Big Spring all to inactive site status and somehow they are all deleted even from the admin side…except for Orla. I am not sure what bugged out but when they come back online, we will add them back for sure.
We should hear Orla being tested in site trunking on 8/2. A week to settle in, then we hopefully have connectivity and in wide area.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Thanks for the updates. Just curious but what is the connectivity plan with these towers and who are the targeted users and counties?

slayer7303

i am not sure all i have been hearing are TxDOT and DPS on the sites both in odessa and the King Mt sites, maybe after they get everything linked in we'll start hearing more countys using the net?

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
i am not sure all i have been hearing are TxDOT and DPS on the sites both in odessa and the King Mt sites, maybe after they get everything linked in we'll start hearing more countys using the net?
I figure it is for more expansion for those two entities, and if it helps TxDOT get US 285 construction done quicker, please get that Orla tower up asap

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
OH! Man! I left something out in my message above. I was asking the group if they know what what the unit numbers are like with TXDOT?

KE5PL

Thanks for the updates. Just curious but what is the connectivity plan with these towers and who are the targeted users and counties?
What was intended to be for Federal, State and local Public Safety entities has morphed into supporting USMS, DPS and TxDOT. The local entities seem to be content with conventional repeaters. Some have programmed trunking capability as a backup to their legacy repeaters. Most users were never reprogrammed from the original (now deprecated) Odessa ARC4000.

With Orla in play, I suspect that Loving may become a trunking user as they have coverage issues in conventional.

As far as connectivity, all are connected to the GATRRS core.

Last edited:

slayer7303

True when the PBRI system was up i could hear a few local countys on it but since it became GATTRS not now. I need to go through my recordings on my TRX-2 to see whats on it...lol

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
I talked to someone that works around the console in Howard County. This person was unsure whether the dreaded "E" would be employed. Another emergency responder indicated that he heard the same information, "E." Both stated they were working on the system guts and things were actively moving forward with Harris.