NOVA/Loudoun County: Why don't I ever hear anything from Hamilton vol. rescue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
Nothing... The ambulance screams past my house 2-3 times a week at least, and yet my scanner never stops on 47.54...

And I know Purcellville is usually fast asleep at any given time, but I haven't heard anything on their PD frequency since the Christmas parade in 2017.

ZeroGravity

Premium Subscriber
I don't know of any rescue squad in Virginia that still actively uses 47.xx frequencies anymore.

Although I'm not in NoVA, I would guess both agencies are users of the Loudoun County 800 MHz trunked radio system. This would make the most sense from an interoperability perspective.

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
I have Loudoun fire in my scanner, but there's so much traffic and most of it doesn't interest me I usually just lock it out. I just assumed that the inclusion of the low band frequency meant it was in regular use... and it would have been nice to be able to hear just the hyper-local traffic.

fredva

Feed Provider
I have Loudoun fire in my scanner, but there's so much traffic and most of it doesn't interest me I usually just lock it out. I just assumed that the inclusion of the low band frequency meant it was in regular use... and it would have been nice to be able to hear just the hyper-local traffic.
I think removing frequencies from the database that are no longer in use is harder than adding new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.