Military 4472kHz USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will001

Premium Subscriber
Possibly the Civil Air Patrol. But due to some guy on here who takes the regs on CAP members talking openly about comms too seriously, “I can neither confirm nor deny”. But I’ll say this: CAP’s emblem has a tri-blade propeller on it...so put 2 and 2 together if you catch my drift...:) Also a brief little factoid: some idiot from CA Wing CAP literally reported me to my commander for “sharing frequencies on RadioReference”. All I did was post ONE tactical VHF frequency we used, and I found that frequency on RR under the nationwide page. The guy found my Ham callsign in my signature on here, got my name on QRZ, and tracked me down through our member “roster” online. He then proceeded to send screenshots of all of my info to my squadron commander and said that I needed to be talked to about it. The one and only thing I abhor about CAP is how seriously they take our comms program, specifically the frequencies. Anybody can get a $25 Baofeng, find the frequencies online, and boom! They are listening to us. This was probably not supposed to be posted here, but I had to put it out there so other CAP members don’t make the same “mistakes” I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ridgescan

Possibly the Civil Air Patrol. But due to some guy on here who takes the regs on CAP members talking openly about comms too seriously, “I can neither confirm nor deny”. But I’ll say this: CAP’s emblem has a tri-blade propeller on it...so put 2 and 2 together if you catch my drift...:) Also a brief little factoid: some idiot from CA Wing CAP literally reported me to my commander for “sharing frequencies on RadioReference”. All I did was post ONE tactical VHF frequency we used, and I found that frequency on RR under the nationwide page. The guy found my Ham callsign in my signature on here, got my name on QRZ, and tracked me down through our member “roster” online. He then proceeded to send screenshots of all of my info to my squadron commander and said that I needed to be talked to about it. The one and only thing I abhor about CAP is how seriously they take our comms program, specifically the frequencies. Anybody can get a $25 Baofeng, find the frequencies online, and boom! They are listening to us. This was probably not supposed to be posted here, but I had to put it out there so other CAP members don’t make the same “mistakes” I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow thanks Will. I hope you won't get more grief for this on account of me. Why they'd be upset I can't see as they speak in complete code with strength on par with 11175, which nobody outside would ever decipher.

Status
Not open for further replies.