Uniden BCD436HP listen to Florida hurricane calls

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Look at a map, search the counties on a streaming site. There is also a Statewide amateur radio net and a Tampa emergency net. Right now you want to listen to Hillsborough County at 6:00 p.m. they're getting hit the hardest right now. Also listen to Manatee County

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
Not everything. The Manatee County Sheriff feed is still active, they were just talking about the eyewall deteriorating but winds will be strong until at least 2am. Sarasota Co fire and SARNET repeater system feeds are up too.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Not everything. The Manatee County Sheriff feed is still active, they were just talking about the eyewall deteriorating but winds will be strong until at least 2am. Sarasota Co fire and SARNET repeater system feeds are up too.
Yep. Storm took a right at Sarasota. Now it's the East Coast that will be a problem, get out that map and check out what's being streamed, not only on the phone apps but privately.

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
Yep. Storm took a right at Sarasota. Now it's the East Coast that will be a problem, get out that map and check out what's being streamed, not only on the phone apps but privately.
Makes me glad that I live in New England. The worst we get is snow storms and those are a piece of cake. If my neighborhood in Florida got flooded I'd be horrified not only of the damage but the wildlife, like gators and snakes that might be in there. I detest snakes 🤮

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Makes me glad that I live in New England. The worst we get is snow storms and those are a piece of cake. If my neighborhood in Florida got flooded I'd be horrified not only of the damage but the wildlife, like gators and snakes that might be in there. I detest snakes 🤮
I can assure you that no one in Florida right now is thinking about wildlife (that's why they call them wildlife, they've been taking care of themselves before we were) or the climate LOL. Hurricanes like this have been happening forever, it's just politics to call them climate change now.

I have followed this storm from the start for obligations to others and, this was one of the worst events they ever had. Media coverage will be what it is so we may never know but.. this was devastating to whole cities and individuals alike.

I also emphasize that the state couldn't be better prepared under great leadership, good for them. I congratulate those who tried their best, for the.. best results.

Sometimes things happen that you just can't control.

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
I can assure you that no one in Florida right now is thinking about wildlife (that's why they call them wildlife, they've been taking care of themselves before we were) or the climate LOL. Hurricanes like this have been happening forever, it's just politics to call them climate change now.

I have followed this storm from the start for obligations to others and, this was one of the worst events they ever had. Media coverage will be what it is so we may never know but.. this was devastating to whole cities and individuals alike.

I also emphasize that the state couldn't be better prepared under great leadership, good for them. I congratulate those who tried their best, for the.. best results.

Sometimes things happen that you just can't control.
Totally agree, they're pros down there with hurricanes. Leadership seemed to get people evacuated nice and early too. Hopefully everyone on the board from Florida is weathering the storm ok

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Totally agree, they're pros down there with hurricanes. Leadership seemed to get people evacuated nice and early too. Hopefully everyone on the board from Florida is weathering the storm ok
Following it all day until I just gave an update a few minutes ago for a specific reason and obligation, this is going to go down as one of the worst hurricane events in Florida. I gave my sources a clear to the Sarasota area as the top eyewall suddenly made a right after establishing a clear eye over Port Charlotte. It is now rolling into the east coast of Florida over a wide swath.

This is something that's been happening in this part of the world for a gazillion years. Nothing new here. :)