HP-2: Uniden HomePatrol II

Scottj1

Premium Subscriber
New to this forum. Purchased a used HPll it shows main firmware v. 1.05 sub v. 1.02 database version 07/06/2014. Is a more up to date version available? Also I'm not real computer savvy. I have no idea how to download sentinel program and install. Thanks for any guidance!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
New to this forum. Purchased a used HPll it shows main firmware v. 1.05 sub v. 1.02 database version 07/06/2014. Is a more up to date version available? Also I'm not real computer savvy. I have no idea how to download sentinel program and install. Thanks for any guidance!
Your database is well out of date.

You can find the correct Sentinel for your HP-II on this page:

Install Sentinel, then update the database in the software. Once you've done that, then connect your HP-2 to your PC &, looking at the onscreen prompts, put the scanner in Mass Storage Mode. Once it's in that mode, you can send the updated database to the scanner. If you did not get the cable for the scanner (it's the same one you can use to power the scanner), it's a simple USB to USB Mini cable. Tons of them available, in variuous links, on Amazon. Here's one example:
There are many more on Amazon, at various lengths.

There have been no firmware updates for the HP-2.

There is an online 'Easier to Read' manual for your HP-2 & it's version of Sentinel.

Scottj1

Premium Subscriber
Your database is well out of date.

You can find the correct Sentinel for your HP-II on this page:

Install Sentinel, then update the database in the software. Once you've done that, then connect your HP-2 to your PC &, looking at the onscreen prompts, put the scanner in Mass Storage Mode. Once it's in that mode, you can send the updated database to the scanner. If you did not get the cable for the scanner (it's the same one you can use to power the scanner), it's a simple USB to USB Mini cable. Tons of them available, in variuous links, on Amazon. Here's one example:
There are many more on Amazon, at various lengths.

There have been no firmware updates for the HP-2.

There is an online 'Easier to Read' manual for your HP-2 & it's version of Sentinel.
Thanks for the reply! Will give it a go!