DSD+ Reinstall

rkillins

I'm a DSD+ Fastlane user. After a harddrive failure, I have had to reinstall DSD+. I started with downloading the required v1 files and DLLS. With my password, I extracted the last version I had archived (DSDPlus2p395), but of course this update does not have all the basic files needed for v2. I have version DSDPlus2p212 archived, the first version provided when I became a member, but the password differs from the one I use to open the other RAR files.

How can I get the base files? Or the password for v2.12?

rkillins

Thank you, but I can't even get the DSDPlus interface to open to get to that ...
When I try to execute DSDPlus.exe I get errors ...
"DSDPlus.P25 data file not found in working folder"
"DSDPlus.siteLoader file not found in working folder"
"Required data files not found in working folder"

Then it closes.

Reconrider

Thank you, but I can't even get the DSDPlus interface to open to get to that ...

Then it closes.
Make sure that you're opening DSDPlus.exe from the command prompt otherwise it won't stay oven otherwise.

I can send you those files if you can't get that to work. Reply to me here so I know if you got it then send me a DM if you need the files. I'll reply to a DM before the post

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Email them, I had similar a few months back and was sent a whole new package.

slicerwizard

Then it closes.
You can use Notepad to create those files.

Run Notepad in the DSD+ folder.

File / Save As...
"DSDPlus.P25data" <--- use quotes as shown here

File / Save As...
"DSDPlus.siteLoader" <--- use quotes as shown here

Exit Notepad.

Then you can use the base files download in DSD+ to get proper copies of the files.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
That is assuming he has any files left Not being meam, but he has a account the whole thing will be mailed to him with a new password.

Last edited:

slicerwizard

Why assume? He says he has the latest 2.395 update. Just needs the base files.

To me, the bigger issue is that he apparently has no backups of anything, e.g. the accrued data in the DSD+ data files, even though periodically copying the entire DSD+ folder to a USB stick takes nothing more than a right click on the DSD+ folder followed by "Send to <USB stick drive>"...

Anyway, since he has none of that, he can download the base files zip file and copy every single file contained therein to his DSD+ folder without risk of overwriting something important.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
I agree with the no backups, should have them. But again if he is a paid user he can be sent all new files with a new password.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
We all know what assume means, but if he is registered he will get a link that will make a new file and work fine.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
No reason these questions are asked other than sharing software. People put a lot of time and money doing this stuff. the developer need their cut.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
But again if he is a paid user he can be sent all new files with a new password.
New files and password are great but they can't replace data that may have been saved in the radios, networks, groups and freq / p25data files. I have a ton of stuff in those files and maintain backups of that data locally and in the cloud..