451.7000MHz in ocean county

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwoozy

anyone know what service 451.7000MHz is?
From listening to it it sounds like a transport/taxi/tow company. The repeater has a long hold time, after someone unkeys, it will hold (dead key) for 3 to 5 sec then there is a strange tone as the repeater stops transmitting. the same noise is heard when the repeater is keyed up as well. if anyone can tune to this frequency and can tell what kind of system this is also would be nice to know. I've been able to receive this anywhere from Atlantic City to Long Branch.

ecps92

Each Licensee uses a different PL/DPL Tone.

Sometimes the owner of the Repeater might just rent to one busy Company and no others, other owners rent to multiple users and each get's his/her own PL/DPL

Thats the PL i get to. Im just wondering how multiple businesses can use the same frequency.
could this be a trunked control channel Im hearing?

jeff

Premium Subscriber
The same licensee also has conventional repeaters on 461.325 & 462.050, both with the PL 107.2 and operating the same way as described. They are located on the tower at Rt 72 & the Parkway in Barnegat.

eclipse3256

its a ltr system located in barnegat. windspan communications.
i know lacey transportation, south shore towing and storhers towing in manahawkin uses the system. this system has been active for many many years!! one of the first ltr business systems in ocean county. look for mic talk to put up a new system in the near future. i use them for my business. towers also located in barnegat.

jwoozy

its a ltr system located in barnegat. windspan communications.
i know lacey transportation, south shore towing and storhers towing in manahawkin uses the system. this system has been active for many many years!! one of the first ltr business systems in ocean county. look for mic talk to put up a new system in the near future. i use them for my business. towers also located in barnegat.

Ok that would make sense then. with all those different types of dispatches going on.
sorry for the late reply, have been busy.
Thanks for all the help to everyone who posted here.

scannerman5555

Silent Key
WPKJ502 - COFFMAN, RICHARD

IG - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional

FB 6 is a LTR trunking ....... MOT radio's or Kenwood Radio used for LTR Trunking !

451.7000 FB 6
452.7500 FB 6
461.3250 FB 6
461.8000 FB 6
462.0500 FB 6

Status
Not open for further replies.