Yuba County multi agency dispatch

Bigbullseye78

Premium Subscriber
I just bought a Uniden BC125AT and I'm trying to program it to pick up the Yuba County dispatch. The only frequency I can find is 460.100 but it doesn't seem to work. If I go to any of the scanner apps I have on my phone they all pick up something being broadcast but don't show what frequency they are on. Please help

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I just bought a Uniden BC125AT and I'm trying to program it to pick up the Yuba County dispatch. The only frequency I can find is 460.100 but it doesn't seem to work.
Welcome to the RR forums. All information listed in the database for your county is analog conventional. In addition to frequencies you'll also need to program in the correct tones (CSQ = carrier squelch, no tone) See page 39 of the user manual
1679267686176.png

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
How well you can receive also depends on your location and what you're using for an antenna. If you're in Marysville, the stock rubber antenna is likely ok. But you could be in locations where either your radio's antenna can't "see" the tower you're trying to listen to or perhaps some other strong signal is interfering.

I am in Sacramento county and monitor the entire valley but use an outdoor antenna. It's not just how high in the air your antenna is, but the total elevation. In other words, someone could have an antenna 20 feet in the air but still be down in a canyon (therefore have poor reception).

When it comes to the CT value, I have my radios programmed to "search". When a signal comes in and 118.8 is displayed, it gives me high confidence that I am hearing Yuba county (in this case). As stated, you don't need to program it to listen. As a matter of fact, when you program in that value, the receiver must detect that frequency for it to consider there's a signal present. It's a means to "filter out" other signals on the same frequency that you don't want.

You indicate that you're not picking up Yuba County dispatch; how about Sutter County? How about Marysville or Yuba City PD? They are all in the same band of frequencies and knowing that could help figure out your issue.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I spent some time staring at a display since yesterday and saw quite a bit of traffic on Yuba County Sheriff 2 (460.275). It had the 118.8 CT. I did not see any traffic from channel 1, but traffic from the Yuba-Sutter area was kind of light anyway. I'll keep an eye out and listen more intently to ch 2. I wonder if the feed you are listening to is solely channel 1 or includes other frequencies.