Sentinel: SENTINEL SOFTWARE: Identifying Frequency Numbers and Analog or Digital ?

Utahscan12

In the latest SENTINEL Software, I am not sure why some frequencies are shown, while other frequencies are not ?? Below I have listed an example of two different channel groups:

channel one freq number.jpg

Also ..... how do I identify if a channel is analog or digital.. I currently have a UNIDEN SDS100 I mainly use. I'm wanting to purchase another scanner only to monitor at all times my local police and fire department. Not sure if only an ANALOG scanner would be all that I need,

Thanks so much in advance,

Curt'

FORUMS SIGNATURE.png

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
One is frequencies one is talkgroups, if you are new to scanning, the scanner may tell u if its digital. Listening u can tell the difference. If your local police (depending location) are not currently on the UCA 800 statewide system and are on vhf only you can purchase an analog scanner, but if your local area is on the 800 UCA system, they will and currently are in the process of upgrading to a 700 mhz p25 phase 2 digital system... sds100 can already listen to that system once its online...

Utahscan12

One is frequencies one is talkgroups, if you are new to scanning, the scanner may tell u if its digital. Listening u can tell the difference. If your local police (depending location) are not currently on the UCA 800 statewide system and are on vhf only you can purchase an analog scanner, but if your local area is on the 800 UCA system, they will and currently are in the process of upgrading to a 700 mhz p25 phase 2 digital system... sds100 can already listen to that system once its online...

Enosjones .... thanks for responding and the input. Below is a screenshot where I open one of my FAVORITE LIST. Then below I click on different channels / channel groups. The software changes on the right. I am assuming that the EXAMPLE TWO is showing 'talkgroups' ?? If so, how do I tell if the talkgroup is analog or digital ? I also don't see within the SENTINEL software where the TGID will show me the frequencies ??

Am I missing something ?

EXAMPLE TWO.jpg

Thanks Again,

Curti'

FORUMS SIGNATURE.png

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Most of this system is analog, as it shows next to your arrow. The talkgroups higher than 50000 for example the UCA tech guys use 57632 and 57600 both are digital one is encryted.. stuff on lower talkgroups can go digital but encrypted. When the 700mhz system comes in, and some control channels are starting to come online, then it will all be digital. Right now the 800 is mostly analog with APCO project 25 digital occasionally used..