• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

460.6125 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenix

Listening to my PRO-2055 Radio Shack scanner last night from Long Island NY and picked up a transmission about District 35 on 460.6125 PL192.8. I did some research on RR database and FCC website. All I can find referencing District 35 is City of Neptune United Fire Co. . That info is not in the RR or FCC databases. Is this who I was hearing?

I have picked up and confirmed District11 (Stone Harbor FD in New Jersey clear as day) on 154.385 PL118.8 about a week ago. I love when this happens!!

Please PM me with the answer if you know.

Thanks for your help,
Steve

pdfdems286

district 35,monmouth county n.j. IS neptune city fire dept. they dispatch on 155.100 pl 94.8. they also have a fireground frequency, that is vhf-hi. highly improbable that it was them.

griggstown <franklin twp. somerset county n.j.> is station 35. they are also listed to that fq. this is more likely what you picked up.

Last edited:

phoenix

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.....I skimmed the Somerset County NJ DB and found a fire ground tranmission at that !! 460.6125 PL192.8 Green Knoll FD fireground ch.2....that'll teach me to only checkout the coastal counties for a match.

Where Franklin Township Griggstown FD comes in?? Are Franklin and Bridgewater Townships next to each other??

Is Bridgewater a Township within Somerset County??

Thank you for the assist!!!!

Steve

Last edited:

W2SJW

In Somerset County, we go by station numbers for ID's, not districts.

Station 34 is Green Knoll
Station 35 is Griggstown

Bridgewater is a township in our county, but nowhere near the lower southwest section of Franklin Township that the Griggstown area is located (that is right along the Mercer & Middlesex county borders).

Not sure why you heard what you did - even with all the mutual-aid that was going on due to Irene, I can't see those two departments being on a scene together (Griggstown got slammed with flooding from the Millstone river, but wouldn't call for help from that far away).

phoenix

Thanks for the information....with the massive flooding NJ and upstate NY is suffering, I guess any and all help is greatly appreciated. Like the wildfires out east here on Long Island in the '90s.

Status
Not open for further replies.