463.500 MHz, who is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamRadioGuy20

Hey there,

I just recently found the frequency 463.500 MHz active. It seems to be a repeater with 468.500 MHz being the input frequency.

I captured the frequency using the Signal Stalker II in the parking lot of the McCain Mall in Little Rock. Even with the rubber Antenna I get lots of traffic out in Lonoke County as well. I tried finding out to whom this frequency is assigned but couldn't find any useful information.

Can anybody help me and tell me what exactly I am listening to?

HamRadioGuy20

Looks good, thank you! I didn't know that one can just simply search the FCC database like that. So your answer helped me a lot and will save me lots of time in the future.

Now one question regarding this system is left: I am quite certain, that they use PL tones to key the relay. Unfortunately my scanner does not have the option to decode unknown PL tones. Does anybody receive this frequency and can help me out with the PL tone?

HamRadioGuy20

Since it seems I am not allowed to edit an already posted article, I will have to break the general Board-Rules and double Post.

For anybody interested, I could find out the following facts about this frequency:

Repeater Out: 463.500 MHz
Repeater In: 468.500 MHz

DCS-Tone: 662

smokay

Feed Provider
Franklin County NY Malone bus garage for all school districts in Franklin County NY

use these frequency

463.500 MHz

468.500 MHz

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Franklin County NY Malone bus garage for all school districts in Franklin County NY

use these frequency

463.500 MHz

468.500 MHz

5 years later and 1200 miles away...wow!

And the OP already identified the user.

Status
Not open for further replies.