Status
Not open for further replies.

jb872033

Hi all...Im in cromwell...and listening to 464.6875...What is this? it seems to simulcast everything in the area...im listening to roll-call from the 800 inter-op frequency of 859.3875...but i hear a lot of things on the 464.6875 ..fire and EMS for a lot of cities that arent liscensed to that frequency...it seems to be a lot of the areas that are on VHF low...but i also hear cromwell PD on it too, is it just a mirror? listening on a pro-84 with a outdoor hustler DCL antenna on it...just wondering and posting the frequency also because its a nice way to hear things...thanks for input...

JB

jb872033

ok...thanks....so then it would be logical that i hear the roll call for the 800interop line on the HOME channel of the system?

cg

Premium Subscriber
not sure what "800interop" you are referring to. If it is North Central Intercity, then yes, I think they have a scanner or scanning radio linked to a talkgroup. Perhaps NC Intercity is one of the scanned channels and you are used to hearing it on 800.

chris

jb872033

with Interop i meant mutual aid...sorry i wasnt clear...the 800 simulcast of 154.265...and it would be normal to hear this on a control channel? sorry, im not too good with the whole trunking thing, and im not using a trunking scanner for this...its not just snippets of the broadcast its the whole things if i leave the scanner locked on it...just an interesting thing to me...im not complaining, i like to listen to it it just struck me as odd....thanks to all who gave me information!!!

JB

cg

Premium Subscriber
EDACS, Motorola, EF Johnson all use control channels. This is called control channel trunking. The LTR systems use no control channel and is called distributed control trunking. There are several web sites that have detailed trunking information. One such site is:
http://www.scanct.com/trunking/#1

LTR systems have the first active talkgroup on the HOME channel. If another talkgroup becomes active, it is sent to the GOTO channel. Cromwell's scanner would be heard over the HOME channel unless there was some other user on it before the scanner became active. If that was the case, it would be on one of the other channels.

There are numerous scanners that have the ability to follow the LTR type of trunking.

chris

jb872033

Thanks all for the input...CG..that link you gave me provided much insight on trunking...im somewhat archaic with my scanners...the pro 84 is my newest one...i suppose i should upgrade...was contemplating it for a while...but wanted to see how the 700MhZ auction and stuff would pan out...im probably going to save up for the pro 97...go big or go home right? lol...i will probably be way out of element when its time to program that, but that seems to be the way things are going so learn or lose...thanks again all!!

JB

Status
Not open for further replies.