4th july point pleasant beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aircargo

Premium Subscriber
i didnt hear much on 4th july fire works at POINT PLEASANT beach yesterday(8-9pm)...i had a old pro 52 conventional...didnt want to bring the bc250d...
anyway......is it trunked system the boats use out there ...i thought those white marine 2 ways onboard any boat we would catch easy on the scanner...i forgot..i owned a boat(18ft bowrider)...but never long enough to REALLY get into it....there were alot of boats out there near the inlet...lots of them...i just thought people would be talking or .............unless its for emergency only.....or do they have channels like a cb?

happy 4th

DJ88

Go to marinewaypoints.com. When the page comes up go to the right side under Learning Center and click on VHF Marine Channels. You will see a whole list of all the marine channels and corresponding frequencies. Use the frequencies in the "Transmit" column for your scanner. The pleasure boats usually use channels 9, 68,69,71 & 72. The party fishing boats, or head boats as they are sometimes called, usually use 63,65,68, & 72. It's not a trunked system...standard VHF frequencies. Hope this help you out next time you are here at the shore.

undercover

point pleasent

Hi, can you tell me what frequencies your picking up point pleasent police.
thxs

DJ88

There are two different "Point Pleasants". Point Pleasant Beach and Point Pleasant Boro. Point Pleasant Beach (where the boardwalk is) Police Dept. is on a conventional (not trunked) digital system. You need one of the newer digital scanners to pick them up. The PD frequencies are: Dispatch - 476.800, secondary 477.325. Their FD and EMS are not digital. Any scanner can receive them. The frequencies are: FD Dispatch & Ops & EMS Dispatch - 476.350. Ems Ops and dispatch simulcast 477.025. Both use DPL 115.

Point Pleasant Boro (no boardwalk there) freqs. are:
PD - 460.425 PL 107.2
FD Dispatch - 460.600 PL 151.4
FD Channel 3 Fireground - 460.2875 PL 156.7
EMS Dispatch - 453.025 DPL 155

If you need any others just post. We'll give them to you.

Aircargo

Premium Subscriber
ill lQQk dj88 b4 end of week....i see your in brick,nj how was your 4th july? where you near or saw point pleasants fire-works...was sharp...not as long as n.y. but sweet on the beach...very comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.