500M and KMC Radio Programming Cable Build

I recently acquired a few of the KMC VHF Radios and EDACS 500M's and I cannot seem to find a programming cable for them anywhere. I have the software but no cable to program them. I was wondering if anyone has the pinout or information on how to build a programming cable for these. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I'd hate to see these radios go to waste.

Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
In the HELP SCREENS in both RPM and Radio Programmer, I placed the wiring diagrams for all programming cables back in 2001. The software team at Harris has continued this tradition of adding in the programming information (hook-up diagram, cable diagram, etc.) for every new radio that comes out into the help screens.

HELP > CONTENTS > PROGRAMMING THE RADIO > PROGRAMMING THE KMC RADIO (or EDACS 500M Radio) > KMC PROGRAMMING CABLE DIAGRAM

The MDX programming cable will not work. :( BUT, if you can get your hands on a MDX Universal Cable (six foot cable with wire leads to all nine pins), you can create a KMC/E500m cable from this. You only need a DB-25 connector and some time to home make one.

Attachments

Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
Couple of bits I failed to mention for people new to these radios.

The MDX cable only works on:

• MDX radios, programs via the radio's microphone jack
  • The DSDX series of desktop stations (MDX, Orion, J725m & M7100), and programs through the microphone jack ON THE DESKTOP STATION housing. (Not the mic jack on the radio!)

The KMC cable only works on:

• The KMC mobile, programs via the radio's microphone jack
  • The E500m (Edacs 500m) mobile, programs via the radio's microphone jack

The two cables are usually easy to tell apart, as the KMC/E500m cable will have a blaze orange band on the cable jacket.