Status
Not open for further replies.

Septa3371CSX1

I have this frequency listed for Delaware County Fire as Secondary Districts 9 and 10. I've never heard it used before. It used to be Fire 10 but I think Fire 10 is now 506.6625 (Upper Darby Channel). This channel makes a "errerrerr" kind of noise when my scanner picks up the squelch. I looked this frequency up and found that the nearest user other than Delaware County who uses this frequency is Ocean County, NJ. I souldn't be picking up anything from that far away in Delco. Any idea as to whether or not I should keep this channel programmed?

fineshot1

506.7375 in Ocean County NJ is the Barnegat and New Egypt Conv Fire Repeaters and are used in a conventional configuration so your most likely not hearing anything from out this way. Your description of what it sounds like sounds like a control channel or perhaps your hearing interference from another local source to your area.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Septa3371CSX1 said:
I have this frequency listed for Delaware County Fire as Secondary Districts 9 and 10. I've never heard it used before. It used to be Fire 10 but I think Fire 10 is now 506.6625 (Upper Darby Channel). This channel makes a "errerrerr" kind of noise when my scanner picks up the squelch. I looked this frequency up and found that the nearest user other than Delaware County who uses this frequency is Ocean County, NJ. I souldn't be picking up anything from that far away in Delco. Any idea as to whether or not I should keep this channel programmed?

506.7375 and 506.7875 are both used by Delco for MDT data transmissions. This is the noise you are hearing.

Fire 10 is 506.6625

Status
Not open for further replies.