536 I can not download on channels from sentinl the scanner says nothing to scan .

sfb88

You may want to create an hpe file of your favorites list and post it here so that forum members can review it for problems. This post explains how to do this. No Digital

AudioPhool

Are you "unmounting" the scanner using the Windows "Eject" feature? You have to do that before you unplug the scanner.
I'm a new 436 & digital scanner owner. To be safe, I have always used the Windows "Eject" feature with any USB device. However, can the USB cable be pulled at any time, when the 436 is in "Serial" mode (as opposed to "Mass Storage" mode)?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm a new 436 & digital scanner owner. To be safe, I have always used the Windows "Eject" feature with any USB device. However, can the USB cable be pulled at any time, when the 436 is in "Serial" mode (as opposed to "Mass Storage" mode)?
For the 436HP (or, for that matter, any of the other 'database' scanners, such as the 536HP, SDS100, and SDS200), there is no problem simply disconnecting the USB cable as long as the scanner is in Serial mode. Using "Eject" is not needed.
There's one caution to that, though:
If you are powering the 436HP via the USB cable, either because there are no batteries installed, or the batteries in the scanner are too discharged to operate the scanner, then you would need to turn the scanner off before pulling the cable. You would not also need to use 'Eject'; just turn the scanner off (again, that is needed only when operating with either no batteries, or the batteries are too weak to run the scanner).

boxcom

Feed Provider
This may have been resolved already, but this happened to me once. I was going bonkers trying to figure it out. Turned out, when I programmed the scanner, the Service Type was not selected to scan. The scanner defausted to Custom 1 on the frequencies I programmed. On the profile screen and the Service Type tab, Custom 1 was not selected. Make sure that the service type you programmed with your frequencies are selected (Fire-Tac, Business, Law Dispatch, etc)
1691366994623.png

and match the Servie Types selected in the main profile.

1691366937903.png