536 & MotoTRBO :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasMcKean

I been using ARC536PRO to program the 536 over here in the cave. I am importing from RR and everything works EXCEPT the systems that are labeled MotoTRBO. They show up on the computer, but when I save them to the 536, they do not appear? The scanlist goes right over them as if they are not there. I do not have this problem with anything else. Just MotoTRBO.

I am trying to figure what I am doing wrong? :(

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
You have to enable the tags in the radio

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

JamesO

I do not expect a "Service Type" for a specific modulation or radio system.

The Service Type needs to match the type of user of the system. MotoTRBO will not likely be any sort of Public Safety.

Usually I would expect MotoTRBO to be used for services such as: Business, Hospital, Public Works or other?

Easier to Read BCD436/536HP Digital Scanner Manual

garys

Premium Subscriber
You did buy the DMR license key and update the firmware, right?

I been using ARC536PRO to program the 536 over here in the cave. I am importing from RR and everything works EXCEPT the systems that are labeled MotoTRBO. They show up on the computer, but when I save them to the 536, they do not appear? The scanlist goes right over them as if they are not there. I do not have this problem with anything else. Just MotoTRBO.

I am trying to figure what I am doing wrong? :(

garys

Premium Subscriber
Thinking about this a bit more, I would check the Service Types. The RR download for DMR systems does include Service Types in the Department (users) section. If those don't match what you have enabled in the scanner, you won't hear them. You can easily enable those Service Types or change them to one that is already enabled.

ThomasMcKean

To answer questions, YES of course I bought and installed the update. All DMR works *except* MotoTRBO. And also YES I do have all service types enabled. I am thinking at this point that maybe ARC is somehow importing incorrectly? But I am not even sure how to check that. Has anyone else tried importing MotoTRBO?

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
First thing to try is to use Sentinel and see if that lets you program the system. That will eliminate the possibility that the 3rd-party software is the problem.

ThomasMcKean

Yes I was pondering that. I do not see where Sentinel allows import, but I may juat be missing that. Heaven forfend I should learn to do it myself! :)

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You can read what is programmed in the scanner from Sentinel. That will populate Sentinel with your current favorite lists and settings. Then program the problem system in Sentinel, and write back to the scanner. You don't need to "import" from ARC.

ThomasMcKean

Yes. What I was meaning was importing the MotoTRBO from Sentinel. I think I'll have to do this manually. That means learning how. But I can program conventional and EDACS, so I am sure I can figure it out. :)

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If it is in RRDB then it is in Sentinel's master database (including MotoTRBO systems).

Status
Not open for further replies.