536HP Software Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB2VJK

Premium Subscriber
Sorry to be a pain but I'm a newbie with a 536HP who is need of help programming it correctly via the S software. Any chance there is somewhere located close to me in Monmouth County NJ (Eatontown area) with a 536HP and knows what he's doing who can spare an hour to stop by to give me a crash course in programing it the right way? If so please email me at johnstonesf@gmail.com to discuss. Thx in advance.

AKJohnny

Scanner Addict
Premium Subscriber
Sorry to be a pain but I'm a newbie with a 536HP who is need of help programming it correctly via the S software. Any chance there is somewhere located close to me in Monmouth County NJ (Eatontown area) with a 536HP and knows what he's doing who can spare an hour to stop by to give me a crash course in programing it the right way? If so please email me at johnstonesf@gmail.com to discuss. Thx in advance.

There's a whole bunch of videos on YouTube if you haven't looked. I'd recommend searching with a term like "uniden sentinel program" to pull up some good videos.
I'm in Chicago but I'd be happy to help you remotely using a screen sharing app if you want.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You won't "ruin" a scanner by bad programming as the memory can be wiped clean for a fresh start. While it is frustrating when time is spent on errors, they are great teachers.

Have some patience, give yourself permission to make mistakes and I think you'll be fine. Most of us started out knowing nothing about this scanner.

cmhmike1

close call DMR

ive done evertything and cant seem to pick up any DMR on the close call feature, I have several motorola xpr 7550 verified all working well, just no signal. any hints? I do pick up good DMR from a few close by repeaters in scan mode, but even those wont come though on close call

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You will never catch a simplex DMR signal using Close Call. The signal is not continuous (30 mS duty cycle) and Close Call requires a constant, stable, transmit frequency.

cmhmike1

DMR

Should i be able to pickup a simplex if it is programmed into a scan channel? Thank you.

cmhmike1

DMR

I do but still not getting it ,test radio may be to close and blocking the signal, thank you

gonefishn1

You should also take a look at PROSCAN software.
PROSCAN is free to download and try. PROSCAN adds wireless control and listening of the 536 from a laptop.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I do but still not getting it ,test radio may be to close and blocking the signal, thank you

You could set the scanner to record, then move the test radio away and make some test transmissions. Then play the recordings back to see if you captured the transmission.

royldean

Also be aware that Upman (uniden rep) has warned that placing a scanner too close to a transmitter can overload components in the scanner (and sometimes damage it). Be sure to do your testing with the transmitter significantly far away to avoid this. I'm no EE, so I can't tell you how far is far enough (but I've used a 5w transmitter attached to a yagi antenna point into outer space, and have had no damage with a scanner about 40 feet away).

Status
Not open for further replies.