7/27/2020 EZ Scan Update

K6TTD

Premium Subscriber
Im programming my TRX-2 via EZ Scan 3.37. Is there an easy way to input / edit scanlist alpha tags using EZ scan software? So far, I haven't been able to figure it out & have to manually enter these on the scanner. Every time I do an update or load new scanlist objects, it resets all the entered scanlist names / alpha tags to "Scanlist ###." Getting carpal tunnel manually reentering these repeatedly. Thanks

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Not sure why they would be resetting if you have them in EZ Scan, once the configuration is in place it should copy to the scanner each time. We can look at why this is happening, is it just on the scanlists or on the talkgroups and RIDs (if you have any)? If you are importing them from the library they will automatically be entered.

But to answer your question you can create a CSV spreadsheet and import the Alpha tags in that why for the talk groups and RIDs.

Last edited:

Whistler_Support

Whistler Representative
Premium Subscriber
Select the Alphatag and the entire line will turn Blue, select the Alphatag again and the Alphatag only will turn light blue for editing.
Type what you want then press enter.

When doing Library updates, do not check the box that will overwrite your Alphataga unless you want the Original Alphatags from Radioreference

Whistler_Support

Whistler Representative
Premium Subscriber
Any updates on what the latest version of EZScan does for me? I just got the update last night...
Sorry for the delay in posting this, there was a big fix on importing from a WS1040, WS1065, PSR-500, PSR-600, PRO-651, PRO-652

• Fixed a crash issue when importing a configuration from a WS-1040/WS-1065 scanner when the option to open the imported configuration was selected.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
Click on the UPDATES menu/PC update and you should see "release Notes" this will tell you whats new.

Gotcha. I remember they did this a while ago but forgot about it. It'd be nice to have a direct link to the release notes from the menu but this works.

Kel

I haven’t did a update for a while now,tried it tonight and it won’t let me update any ideas,this is a first time this has happened to me,I am running Windows 10.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I haven’t did a update for a while now,tried it tonight and it won’t let me update any ideas,this is a first time this has happened to me,I am running Windows 10.

I suggest you go to the Whistler Download page and download the most recent for your scanner. if you stay up to date it works ok, otherwise if it gets too old it won't update through the software.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
What scanner?
There are several post on this.
If you are not running the newest it will not update. There was a manual software update that had to be run to connect and get the latest Library Update.

Kel

No problem on my Windows XP not this is a first for me on Windows 10,it comes up Web Error
There was a error retrieving version information,the certificate presented by the update site is invalid.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Not true I just installed the software for a TRX-1 downloaded the new Library update and it is ready to read my TRX-1 and UPDATE the scanner.
I just did this on a windows 10 pro 64bit OS that only runs my Home Video Camera System never had scanner software on it.
It works no problems.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Not true ...
It works no problems.

You have to insert SD card to reprogram EZ Scan?

My final post on this topic, as it's really going no where. Before you update save the current configuration to archive, upgrade the software from Whistler download page and restore from archive. It's really easy, fast and the only way it's going to work for you. Other option is admit defeat, realize it will never again work and sell me the TRX-1 for $50 (since it won't work! :ROFLMAO: